"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Weird Mystery Ebay Listing

Started by LarryInMichigan, March 28, 2023, 11:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

ebay link

What do you suppose that the lister of this trying to accomplish?

Larry

Contempra

In my opinion it's all nonsense ..For the phone plug, it looks like an electric stove or clothes dryer plug . Sometimes I see crap like empty Coka-cola bottle and even a piece of bread !) for sale as much on Marketplace (Facebook) as on Ebay ... The moderators of these two sites are not doing their job.

LarryInMichigan

This listing has reappeared a few times.  The plug is probably a phone plug of a style with which I am not familiar.  The listing seems to be some sort of idiotic scam. 

Larry

Contempra

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 28, 2023, 12:05:35 PMThis listing has reappeared a few times.  The plug is probably a phone plug of a style with which I am not familiar.  The listing seems to be some sort of idiotic scam. 

Larry

That's what I think too..

paul-f

The plug looks like a Swedish plug discussed in this topic.

My LM Ericsson "Ericofon" Cobra Telephone
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=22783.msg229144#msg229144

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

LarryInMichigan

That makes sense.  I was so preoccupied by the weirdness of the listing that I failed to notice the Swedish dial numbering.  Whoever created the listing cut the pictures out of images of a Swedish phone.

Larry

Witty

The item looks legit to me but the scam I see with this listing is the shipping fee. It shows $126 to Larry's location, and $105 to my location when I open it.
Way more than it should be.
Ken

LarryInMichigan

Look at the name of the "seller" and the location, also the total lack of feedback.  I seriously doubt that you would receive the phone if you paid $115.

Larry

paul-f

From the eBay About page.

Witty

Very true.
I'm wondering if the fees are based on it being shipped from Europe somewhere. It's not clear what the location is.

Edit. Ok I see it's Sweden and no transactions the past year.
Ken

paul-f

Quote from: Witty on March 28, 2023, 01:07:34 PMOk I see it's Sweden

But the listing states it's in the US.

Perhaps it's a scammer testing a pirated dormant account.

LarryInMichigan

I seriously doubt that this phone is actually being sold.  If someone wants a white Ericsson Dialog, they can find one in North America for much less.  I actually have a rose beige Dialog connected and sitting on my desk at this moment.

Larry

Witty

Very good point. You would think Ebay would pick up on that.
Ken

RDPipes

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 28, 2023, 11:19:54 AMebay link

What do you suppose that the lister of this trying to accomplish?

Larry

To sell an Old Phone (to him) and having poor Photoshop skills, LOL!

TelePlay

Quote from: paul-f on March 28, 2023, 01:09:49 PMBut the listing states it's in the US.

But what is "ur dad" and "ur potato"? I clicked the links and got a map of North America with no location pins.