News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FREE: No longer available - Leich 901C Magneto Phone

Started by RDPipes, April 24, 2023, 01:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

I received this not very long ago and I haven't a clue what I would do with it, just doesn't interest me.
It rang when mag was cranked but when I opened it up the capacitor had been disconnected and the handset
also. Without checking a diagram I just put the PTT handset wires on the loose terminal screws in the order I thought they'd go. No cigar, now it won't ring when cranked and I don't feel like opening it up again.
 Hook switch buttons (for the lack of the proper name) stick a bit and the transmitter element looks like the receiver element and doesn't fit well as you can see the cap doesn't go all the way on. Handset cord stiff and needs to be replaced. No chips, cracks or the like that I can see.I did have to replace 3 missing screws someone took out and lost, probably thinking that was how it came apart. One screw in the rear loosens the case, spin off the crank handle CCW and push the case forward and it comes right off. ;)
Sooooooooo! It's anyone that wants it for the price of shipping USPS Parcel Select I reckon.
Take this boat anchor off my hands before something happens to it, PLEASE!

PS. I'll send along a copy of the diagram for this phone.

Contempra

If I was in the USA, I would have taken this phone. But I can't imagine the crazy amount of money it would cost me to have this here at home. I can dream by looking at the pictures :) Thanks for sharing this Ron. GOD bless you my friend .

RDPipes

Quote from: Contempra on April 24, 2023, 05:32:17 PMIf I was in the USA, I would have taken this phone. But I can't imagine the crazy amount of money it would cost me to have this here at home. I can dream by looking at the pictures :) Thanks for sharing this Ron. GOD bless you my friend .

Yes sadly it weighs as much as a boat anchor. And Sadly I doubt anyone will want it because of the weight.
I'll give it about week and if no takers I'll strip it out for the ringer and mag and possibly elements and sadly just toss the rest. There's a guy on eBay that's got I think several cases of these NOS and can't get rid of them either.

dsk

It is an interesting design, combined wall/tabletop. The Norwegian from 1953 in thermoplastic has pretty much common to this.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=8478.msg91220#msg91220

RDPipes

Again, Going Once, Going Twice, GONE! In the trash it goes.