"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My AE34 now has gold trim!

Started by finlover, June 05, 2010, 04:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Quote from: finlover on June 08, 2010, 01:19:39 AM
...It's not as cool as Jorge's ride, but it'll have to do.

Greg, you are too kind about my ride, but you should have taken a picture from the other side, where it has matching hubcaps. By the way, I fixed the flat tire on the other side also.  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

finlover

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 08, 2010, 01:32:49 PM
Quote from: finlover on June 08, 2010, 01:19:39 AM
...It's not as cool as Jorge's ride, but it'll have to do.

Greg, you are too kind about my ride, but you should have taken a picture from the other side, where it has matching hubcaps. By the way, I fixed the flat tire on the other side also.  ;D ;D ;D
Cool!  I'm glad you got rid of your ice cream truck--that was just creepy...

JorgeAmely

fin:

I went back to the guy who I sold it to and bought the truck back after what happened to my car last time I went to Home Depot.

Jorge

savageje

lol...you know that Home Depot will deliver, right?  ;-)

JorgeAmely

Quote from: savageje on June 08, 2010, 09:35:10 PM
lol...you know that Home Depot will deliver, right?  ;-)

Really? ... I didn't know that.  ;)
Jorge

Phonesrfun

Looks like a way to turn a sedan roof line into a fastback.
-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Greg:

You are not the only one looking for an orchid colored phone. You can check Gary's entire collection here.

http://telephonecollector.info/collectionsite/desk_sets/

Scroll almost all the way to the end.
Jorge

Doug Rose

Over 25 years ago, when I was still trying to figure out what was what, looooooong before I found the ATCA, I  went into an Antique store and there was an orchid and a blue AE40 sitting side by side. I think it was an AE40, could have been an AE34. This well before I knew the difference. Seller wanted $275 a piece for them. They were perfect, with my limited knowledge I thought they were repros.  As I was walking out, He said both of them for $400. $300!!!! I kept walking. This was over 25 years ago and  my rule was; I never pay more than $25 for a phone.  I was newly married and all money went into a new house. I keep telling myself this, someday I will believe it. This was my biggest mistake (THAT I KNOW OF) in collecting telephones.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Yeah we all have similar stories. At least the money that you didn't spend went into the house and not wine, women & song!

Terry

JorgeAmely

Greg:

Alternatively, you don't have to give up half of your collection when you can buy one of these:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kleenax/AutomaticElectricModel1ASAndVariants#5300570986267114978

Jorge

finlover

I might give up my WHOLE collection for that one!  It might be the most beautiful phone I've ever seen!!

HarrySmith

Is that one of Ray's creations?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

All right my collector friends, what is you take on Ray's creations? Repro or real? Real phone parts, reproduction plastics. Although they might look beautiful, I own a clear WE 302 and its a great phone, to me they are still reproductions of the real phone, not the real phone. Your thoughts?.....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on June 09, 2010, 04:50:02 PM
Is that one of Ray's creations?
Of course it is. You can usually tell by the outdoor photo locations!

Terry

HarrySmith

I agree, Ray's phones are beautiful! One day I will be able to get one. Since the plastics are new, not made by WE I don't think they can be called original, even if they are perfect reproductions. Now if someone comes up with the original WE molds and uses the same process what would we call that?
New Original Antique Vintage Phone?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"