News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Offer Withdrawn *** Free to a good home-Auto Electric (Canada) 500 type desk set. Just pay shipping

Started by jbro53, January 23, 2023, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbro53

Free; just pay shipping. Auto Electric (Canada) 500 type desk set. Good condition except dial slow. Approx 1953.

markosjal

Any idea on Shipping to USA Vancouver, WA 98661?

I am very interested
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

MMikeJBenN27

Ah!  The Shirley Temple phone!  This is the Automatic Electric type 40.  These are sought after.

Mike

Contempra

.. It should be around $100 to $125 Canadian I think for mailing (shipping) but it depends on the weight and the destination also without a shadow of a doubt..
Denis

Contempra

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on January 23, 2023, 07:50:42 PMAh!  The Shirley Temple phone!  This is the Automatic Electric type 40.  These are sought after.

Mike

Indeed because of the actress Shirley Temple...the bids can go up quite high...
Denis

markosjal

I think if shipper is in the USA and recipient in USA it is best shipped in a Flat Rate Medium USPS box,  maybe???
https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Anyway even with a large box shipping is $20 that way
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Contempra

Quote from: markosjal on January 23, 2023, 08:37:32 PMI think if shipper is in the USA and recipient in USA it is best shipped in a Flat Rate Medium USPS box,  maybe???
https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Anyway even with a large box shipping is $20 that way

I can't tell you , I don't know , Mark . USA and Canada it's so different :(  . Even in the province of Quebec, it is never the same amount of money, it is according to gravity. You see, 5 or 6 years ago, I was buying old wristwatches and pocket watches, and it wasn't too expensive, but it varied. Now, I no longer buy anything on Ebay, the prices (shipping) are exorbitant!..
Denis

TelePlay

I do believe this is being shipped from the US, not Canada.

The member giving it away can verify this.

Contempra

Quote from: TelePlay on January 23, 2023, 10:41:12 PMI do believe this is being shipped from the US, not Canada.

The member giving it away can verify this.

Yeah , but Jbro53 does not mention where he lives .. so you still have to know if he sends elsewhere than in the USA my friend Teleplay. If it's cheap in the USA, you should know that it is here in Canada. Good day my friend TelePlay ;) .

Denis

TelePlay

Quote from: Contempra on January 24, 2023, 09:19:22 AMYeah , but Jbro53 does not mention where he lives .. so you still have to know if he sends elsewhere . . .

USPS online price guide has International Priority Flat Rate box rates about

$75 for a large box
or
$61 for a medium box

from anywhere in the US to anywhere in Canada.

Plus import fees . . .

MMikeJBenN27

Yes, shipping is now horrible.  It used to cost an arm and a leg, now it costs both arms and both legs.

Mike

TelePlay

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on January 24, 2023, 03:07:24 PMYes, shipping is now horrible.

Can you name anything that does not have a horrible price today?

Below are flat rate prices for US to US, US to Canada and US to UK. International shipping costs take most eBay purchases off the table, even stuff offered for free is not anywhere free.

US to US shipping costs result in lower eBay auction final prices, usually. It becomes  a cost benefit desire calculation for interested buyers. International shipment costs require a high desire component in the transaction.

It was very nice to offer this phone for free for shipping.

RDPipes

Quote from: TelePlay on January 24, 2023, 03:36:21 PMCan you name anything that does not have a horrible price today?

AIR, but keep it under your hat.

poplar1

The subject phone is actually an Automatic Electric Model 40.
Perhaps since it was manufactured in Canada, there would be no duty (just Harmonized Sales Tax) [Edit: if being reimported into Canada].

The best deal from US to Canada is First Class International, but with a maximum of 64 ounces(= 4 pounds).

The bottom image is for Priority Mail International from US to Canada (up to 66 pounds). I would not trust a medium flat rate box for an AE 40 (too fragile).

By the way, the US Postal Service increased most rates yesterday.  My favorite method of shipping domestically was the "Regional Flat Rate Boxes." The Regional "A" Box was $8 - $12 to ship anywhere in the US, up to 15 pounds. In other words, you were paying close to the 2 pound rate for up to 15 lbs. Now, the regional flat rate boxes have been discontinued. You can still use existing stock, but the cost to ship will be based on actual weight, not a flat rate. (The post office clerk yesterday said they weren't even told that in the training for the price increases.)

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.