News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Metro Manila has been submerged in flood

Started by mienaichizu, September 27, 2009, 06:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Metro Manila has been submerged in flood because of a heavy rainfall. The worst flood Metro Manila has experienced since 1967. Read the full details in my blog.

I was there, I was trapped. I'm drenched, cold and exhausted just to get home.

http://tinyurl.com/y8l692h

Dennis Markham

Ramil, what you, your family and friends have gone though is terrible.  We are all glad that you are all safe now.  Our thoughts are with you all and hope that things get back to normal soon.

mienaichizu

thanks for the concern Dennis, all that I'm praying is that this would never happen again. Not only here in the Philippines but also in the other countries.

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

mienaichizu

thanks Dan, my house is safe and so are the telephones.

McHeath

The story was on the front page of our newspaper this morning, something like 16 inches of rain.  That's amazing, we only get 12 inches in a whole year here.  Glad you are safe and sound.

Dan/Panther

I can not imaging the clouds holding that much water ?
Hope all remains well.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

ramil,

what a frightful experience for you!

so thankful that you are safe & sound. (telephones, too :))

donna

HobieSport

I've been reading some about the floods. I have distant relatives there. Pretty devastating and not without fatalities. Glad to know you and your family are okay. I hope the waters are beginning to go down!
-Matt

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on September 27, 2009, 12:38:48 PM
The story was on the front page of our newspaper this morning, something like 16 inches of rain.  That's amazing, we only get 12 inches in a whole year here.  Glad you are safe and sound.

that 16 inches is in just 6 hours compared to 12 inches in a year, that's a lot of volume of water

mienaichizu

Quote from: HobieSport on September 27, 2009, 08:34:34 PM
I've been reading some about the floods. I have distant relatives there. Pretty devastating and not without fatalities. Glad to know you and your family are okay. I hope the waters are beginning to go down!

there are fatalities Hobie, about 58 dead as of today, all died of drowning. some were found dead trapped inside their homes. I still can't believe that this had happened.

mienaichizu

thank you for all the concern guys, lots of people here are homeless including a friend of mine. I'm grateful that my house was not flooded. As of now there are still places that are submerged in floodwater. In some places floodwater has receded an so also in my workplace.

HobieSport

Last report here is 86 dead, 32 missing, and you just know it's going to be a lot more than that. Really really sad. Glad you're okay! How is the rest of your family ???
-Matt

foots

Ramil, I saw this on the news earlier, you were the first person I thought about. I'm glad to hear you're OK. I've been through some bad hurricanes in my life but never saw a storm dump that much water that quickly. These natural disasters seem to be happening more and more frequently around the world.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bwanna

ramil,

besides keeping you & yours in our thoughts & prayers, how can we help?
donations of money or care packages?
donna