News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blondie Rides AGAIN!!!

Started by Doug Rose, June 30, 2013, 09:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I have a wonderful wife. Jan got up at 3:30 AM and went to the flea market while I slept. I didn't even hear her up. What a haul, three old WE sticks, two Hershey Kiss perches, one with outside terminal receiver. Three 202s, 1 302, 1 Uni #1, C1, G1,  bulldog CS top, a really different transmitter and other assorted parts. A great telechron bakelite clock and a Ford Model A condenser. What a girl! Looks like I'm working this afternoon!!! There a still wonderful phones waiting out there. ....Doug
Kidphone

Phonesrfun

Maybe you should sleep in more often!

I think you have a bigger prize in that flea market partner of yours than the phones.  She seems to keep on coming up with these deals!..

Good luck with the afternoon's work.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Another great haul, Doug.  Our own Larry (LarryInMichigan) is practically a Telechron clock expert.  He has a beautiful collection of Telechron clocks.  If you need any advice relative to the clock, he's the man to ask.

Now, get to work cleaning up those phones!

Greg G.

What flea market is it that opens at that time in the morning?  None of the estate sales around here open earlier than 9 or 10.  Or is it travel time and getting in line?  Plus having some coffee, breakfast, etc, which I most emphatically support.  Maybe I just answered my own question.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Doug Rose

Quote from: Brinybay on June 30, 2013, 02:39:11 PM
What flea market is it that opens at that time in the morning?  None of the estate sales around here open earlier than 9 or 10.  Or is it travel time and getting in line?  Plus having some coffee, breakfast, etc, which I most emphatically support.  Maybe I just answered my own question.
Travel time Greg....many sellers stay overnight. She gets there at 5AM. Early Bird.....well, you know. She done good....Doug
Kidphone

MagicMo

The only phone I would get up at 3 am for would be the one next to me ringing.
You owe Blondie some big hugs! It's great having a co-conspirator isn't it? So many times the significant other does not share the others fondness of something (phone collecting), you're lucky that you work together. It says a lot about a relationship.
You're a lucky guy!
Congrats on the great finds,
Mo
Practice Kindness :)