"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The One that Got Me Started

Started by bigdaddylove, August 03, 2011, 04:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddylove

Hi,

I am new to the forum so I thought I would create a post regarding my garage sale find that got me interested in old phones.

This is my WE 302 with the original dial card for my town's exchange. I bought it for $15.00 about 15 years ago. It used to be a daily user then was put up. After years of collecting dust, I brought it out again, cleaned it up a bit and is now located on my side of the couch.

This recent activity got me interested in old phones once again and has resulted in me cruising craigslist and ebay for a nice 202. I have recently purchased a WE 211 with a 684a subset from ebay for 49.99 plus shipping. It needs to be slightly rewired and then will be placed in my office next to my art deco desk. Once that's done and the office cleaned, I'll post some pictures.

Take care,
BDL

Doug Rose

Welcome to the Forum. My first phone was a 302 as well. Looks to be in really nice shape. You will find a lot of really helpful folks here.........Doug
Kidphone

Greg G.

My first phone, NEC Type 3 Automatic.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e