"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member from the UK

Started by fastmacuk, December 06, 2014, 05:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastmacuk

Hello all!

Just found this wonderful site and happy to have been accepted as a member.

I'm a retired schoolteacher from the UK whose interest in dial telephones goes back to when I was 11 years of age - many of my friends had telephones in their homes but we couldn't afford one!

I have been buying 500's from the States since I began my eBay journey and now have quite a nice collection - see attached pic.

I also sell conversion kits on eBay for the 746 and trimphone which people find in the attic or car boot sales and wish to convert:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/davemillsuk/m.html?item=291302290976

I am happy to help supply or source any item a member might want for UK phones and ship over  -  just give me a shout!

Happy dialling!!

David

twocvbloke

Hi from an occasional customer of yours... :D

Nice to see you've joined, they're a nutty bunch here, but well worth hanging around with... ;D

Mr. Bones

Welcome to the forum, David.

Glad to have you here. Looks like you have a nice collection of phones there, keep up the good work!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Welcome, David. I like your collection, it really catches the eye.

Ben

dsk

Welcome, when I grew up the phones had one color: black, later the changed to gray, but not black.  Colored telephones were rare, and did cost lots extra. I know a lady in the next block had a an ivory one.

My language may wake up an old teacher... My mothers tongue are Norwegian so please excuse errors, but hints about how to improve my language are welcome.

dsk

HarrySmith

Hi and Welcome! Very nice collection, especially for someone across the pond! A lot of US collectors would be very envious of all those nice color 500's! I have extended this invite before but will again, if you see something for sale here that will not ship or is charging too much to ship over there, let me know. I will be happy to purchase it for you, ensure it is correctly packed and ship it over to you. This invite stands for all forum members.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"