News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Pvt-telco's Collection

Started by southernphoneman, March 22, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernphoneman

:)this is my 1949 western electric 302 that i bought on ebay last november. it has a black cloth handset cord on it. it is by far my favorite phone out of my collection.

George Knighton

The Model 302 is what got me going in this hobby, and it is still my favourite.

I know the 500's are supposed to be better, but there's just something about the 302.

Something other than they're just easier to work on!

:-)
Annoying new poster.

southernphoneman

this a photo of my 685 subset that i converted from an old model 500

southernphoneman

these are my model 554s. the photos are posted below. the black on is one the first in my collection and is my full service phone. it is hanging in my kitchen. :)

WesternElectricBen

Those are nice, I definitely need to stock up on some 554's, I only have two or three.

southernphoneman

westernelectricben,what color are yours,and do you have photos of them?

twocvbloke

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 25, 2013, 10:05:37 PM
Those are nice, I definitely need to stock up on some 554's, I only have two or three.

I don't even have one 554 yet, someday though, at the moment my money's going on computer parts... :D

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: twocvbloke on March 26, 2013, 12:26:19 AM
Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 25, 2013, 10:05:37 PM

I don't even have one 554 yet, someday though, at the moment my money's going on computer parts... :D

lol me too...

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: southernphoneman on March 25, 2013, 10:07:46 PM
westernelectricben,what color are yours,and do you have photos of them?

1970's colors, harvest gold and avacado green.

southernphoneman

unfortunatly i will be taking my 302 out of service because the re furbishing of my 500 is almost done, that is one of my full service phones.

WesternElectricBen

Thats a very nice one, I like the straight line cord.

I just won a mettle 302 for 33 dollars on eBay!

southernphoneman

westernelectricben, thankyou for the complement on my 302. the straightline cord came from none other then taylorae. lol, you are lucky to have a mettle 302 they worth more money(i think)mine came from ebay as well and i think i remember paying about the same as you did for your.it needed a little work , but not much, and it got polished.

southernphoneman

from now on when i post photos of my phones out of my collection, i will post them in this topic instead of several differnet ones. starting off with my western electric 5302,and my stromberg and carlson trimline from the late 60s or the early 70s. photos below.

WesternElectricBen

I like the color of the trimline!

southernphoneman