News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Late model ITT, vs. SC, side by side.

Started by Dan/Panther, June 07, 2009, 02:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I promisewd when My SC orange 500 arrived I would report a side by side comparison.
Well here is my opinion and photos.
The ITT was a 1973 500 clone, and the Stromberg carlson, was a 1974 500 clone.
As far as heft, quality of construction,  looks and variation from WE500 design.
The ITT is hands down winner, it was close enough to WE500 that at first glance you would think it was a WE.
The SC on the other hand, demonstrated several attempts at cutting costs, and the two examples were only one year apart.
So my SC orange 500 is up for sale, at my cost.
In the following photos, ITT is the first example.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Steve

I always thought the S-C phones were on par with W-E. not basis in fact on my end of course, just what I had heard. what are you looking to get for the S-C?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

Dennis Markham

Is that a frequency ringer on the SC??

Dan

I bought a Strom-Carl orange and had to switch it out BECAUSE it had a frequency ringer. I agree the ITT had better quality (I have one).
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

Looking at the pics I can see the better build of the ITT.  The plastics are thicker, the screw heads larger, the ringer still has the metal wheel, it still has a potted network, and even the word "Loud" is stamped deeper into the base plate. 

A very helpful comparison. 

Dan/Panther

Dennis;
Yes it is a freq. ringer.
I have another SC I can get the straight ringer from and switch it out.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson