News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A dirty old Black GPO 706...

Started by twocvbloke, November 29, 2013, 05:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

I'd love to see the regulator bulb glowing, but I don't think I could face feeding it an unregulated 50vDC supply just to see it light up... :D

Anyway, I found the hitch hiker, it was sat on my net thing in the window, so I snapped a pic before I euthanised it (not knowing whether it eats curtains or not, I didn't want to take the chance in leaving it be!!), amazing it was still alive at this time of year... :D

It was about a quarter to one third of an inch, so not that big, and usually it's the small ones that can be the damaging ones...  :o

Matilo Telephones

And where did you find this infested phone exactly?  ???
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

twocvbloke

ebay, the link's in the first post... :D

It probably lived in a shed, attic or garage for many years before being sold to me, and things stored like that tend to have creatures set up home inside them, not particularly a smart place, especially for the ex-spiders, but they do it anyway, at least it's not the worst thing found in a phone, there's a thread on that particular subject on the forum somewhere... :D

twocvbloke

Finally got round to giving it a test, rings great, dials well, crackles like nobody's business though, disconnect the transmitter and the crackle goes away, so I think the transmitter's shot, good job I have a few spares about wherever they are... :D

Matilo Telephones

Are you sure it is not another infestation of creatures with an exoskeleton?

Anyhow, good job it works.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Contempra

I'm Lucky because I did not found any creatures Inside my phones :D .

twocvbloke

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on December 06, 2013, 11:37:11 AM
Are you sure it is not another infestation of creatures with an exoskeleton?

Quite, the transmitters are sealed units, the only way to get into them is to peel them open (I've done that in the past, but the transmitter wasn't happy after reassembling!), so it'd be a miracle for even the tiniest of spiders to get in... :D

Quote from: Contempra on December 06, 2013, 11:44:22 AM
I'm Lucky because I did not found any creatures Inside my phones :D .

You'll find something someday with a creature (live or dead!!) inside it, this one's the first phone I've had with something alive in it though... :D

Contempra

well, I'm not hurray to discover a creature Inside a phone twocvbloke :D