News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old Phone Works GOOD Experience

Started by Doug Rose, March 17, 2015, 06:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

The only repro items I use are celluloid dial card covers. The shipping looked too high and I sent an email to OPW. Mike Brown answered right away and told me to hit the drop down box, got 200 hundred sent to me from Canada in one week for 11.75. Can't complain on that....see you can teach an old doug new tricks!!....Doug
Kidphone

NorthernElectric

I made my own from some of the horrible clear plastic packaging material that everything comes in nowadays.  I had some that was pretty close in thickness to the celluloid.  Can't tell the difference on the phone, so I will be saving any suitable material that comes my way.
Cliff

Greg G.

Quote from: NorthernElectric on March 17, 2015, 06:28:29 PM
I made my own from some of the horrible clear plastic packaging material that everything comes in nowadays.  I had some that was pretty close in thickness to the celluloid.  Can't tell the difference on the phone, so I will be saving any suitable material that comes my way.

Care to share your method for making them?  Did you use a circular punch tool?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

NorthernElectric

Quote from: Brinybay on March 18, 2015, 01:17:53 PM
Quote from: NorthernElectric on March 17, 2015, 06:28:29 PM

Care to share your method for making them?  Did you use a circular punch tool?

I just cut them out with scissors.  I make my own dial cards too, so I just printed one off to use as a template.  I cut that out with scissors too.  Any slight imperfection in roundness is hidden by the ring when they are on the phone.
Cliff