"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

taking apart #5H Dial

Started by marty, February 18, 2011, 09:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

Hi All;
Somewhere I have seen a series of Photos of taking apart a 5H dial, Where have I seen this ??? Since my dial isn't correct ... And Doesn't work ...
THANK YOu Marty

Dennis Markham

Marty, a very nice album put together by Jorge Amely can be found here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Amelyenator/WesternElectric5SeriesDialOverhaul# ( dead link 03-09-21 )

marty

HI All;
YES, THAT's the one !!!!
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
I FOUND the Problem, The Spring was Broken.!!!!!!!!!!!! Does Anyone have  An Extra Spring to Sell ????
THANK YOU Marty

bingster

You can try bending the end of the remaining spring into the shape that the broken off part had, and wind up with a workable spring that way.
= DARRIN =

marty

Hi All;
THANK YOU All for you suggestions and for the help and support.. I have decided to send Both of my #5 and #6 Dials to Steve for Repar and Adjustment.. I am thinking that if the Spring is Brokem, what else might not be correct as well.... This way they Both would be done right and correctly and ready to go... And I have had trouble getting the #5 Dial back together correctly, not enough pictures , of both back and front of the Dial, for me to get everything right and I should have taken some pictures while I was taking it apart, myself... I'll know better next time..
THANK YOu Marty