News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell System Payphone??

Started by HarrySmith, March 18, 2019, 01:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Antique Bell System Payphone for only $5,000.00!!
I think not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/352620675173
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Key2871

Not quite. Looks like a frankinphone . It even has a blank vault door. Looks like someone tried to eliminate the words made by Automatic Electric just above the vault.
KEN

FABphones

Quote from: Key2871 on March 18, 2019, 01:07:35 PM
....Looks like someone tried to eliminate the words made by Automatic Electric just above the vault.

$5000? Ouch.
Methinks April Fools Day has started a tad early.   :o
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

rdelius

That sticker behind the coin gauge is from Phoneco. where do  they get bell system from. All I see is GTE-AE except the transmitter mount. LPB 82 55 data plate is after 1969.Origional sets never had a pull bucket coin return.Poor fake receiver also

Gary Z

They must have got the "Bell System" from the number card on the dial.

Haf

Transmitter is not from Payphone as it has visible srews, original ones are srewed from behind, so probably old wooden wallphone. Coin gauge is newer type also. So basically an original late 1960's to 1970's (not only GTE id plate but also square, not bevelled bottom) AE LPB 82 55 with (I assume) repro receiver hook, retro Bell id plate (ebay), retro receiver, painted black all over from assumingly beige and an added wooden wall phone tranmitter in at AE phones existing holes normaly hidden behind the instruction plate. And dial daisy face added of course. And as it is stated working, I'm pretty sure there is not much left from the 82 55 inside.
Pile of expensive junk.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474