News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WTB 6040 / 6041 round button key set

Started by cello973, March 08, 2013, 08:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cello973

I am looking for one possibly two of the WE 6040 /6041 wall key set preferably in color one black is ok.

See below:
Vince

cello973

I am also looking for the AE (Yes I said AE) version as well
Vince

AE_Collector

I have seen the AE version on ebaY a couple of times. I bought my only one on ebaY. I have a couple of NE's.

Terry

cello973

Terry,

I picked an AE up on ebay some 10 years ago new in the box for $9.99 a few years ago when I moved, I threw it out with the recycling stupid me I never checked the moving box and assumed it was all cardboard...

Are the NE round or square button?
Vince

AE_Collector

ESalter

The NE ones look identical to WE.  I seem to recall the WE ones had clear hold buttons just like the key phones, but the NE version were the only ones with the red hold button(like your photo).  Maybe I'm remembering wrong though, I'm sure someone around here will know for sure.

---Eric

poplar1

The later NE 6040/6041 had square buttons. I don't think WE ever made these with square buttons.

The one pictured with a red hold button is marked Bell System made by Western Electric. Since the WE with round buttons was still being made later than the NE, it is possible to find WE with a red hold button.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

cello973

Poplar1, you are correct WE made these with round buttons all the way to the end. as a matter of fact I have seen one with the AT&T branding with round buttons. the one pictured above is mine and dated 10-82. Many years back I had a white WE dated 71 and it too had a red hold button.
Vince

compubit

I just picked up 4 + 2 extra cases:

1 old WE round buttons, clear hold
1 old NE round buttons, red hold (missing 1 line button and number card escutcheon)
2 newer NE square buttons, red hold
1 old NE square button case
1 new AT&T round button case (mold date 5/83)

All look like they've been well used, so will need some cleanup (except the AT&T case...)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Babybearjs

is there any history on these units? funny to here that these were made with only round buttons even in the 1980's... because the square buttons were out in the 70's and 80's on all the key set phones.... you'd think that they would have newer units unless these switches weren't very popular.... and they just kept reusing existing units....
John

cello973

Babybearjs,

Western / AT&T never made them with square buttons guess they just kept going with the original mold.
Northern Telecom however did make these with the square buttons. see below this one is dated 6/74.
Vince