News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WOW! Nice AE phones for sale!

Started by HarrySmith, December 14, 2011, 08:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

An ATCA member is selling some really, really nice AE phones on eBay. They are priced way out of my range but I can dream! Mahogany 34
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

wds

He seems to have a lot of nice phones.  I bought a couple of his phones recently and he was great to work with.

Dave

AE_Collector

Give us his ebaY Handle or some listings. Can't be the same guy I bought one from a couple of weeks ago as he was pretty much out of AE phones.

The picture abouve is a real good example of how EASY it is to miss Mahogany or Walnut AE's on ebaY when the seller doesn't know the difference so desn't say it is brown or woodgrain in his listing. The picture above doesn't give a hint of it being other than black on my computer.

Terry

<edit> Sorry, just noticed that the word "Mahagany 34" above is actually a link. I guess the BOLD option is needed for links because that link was as easy for me to miss as the fact that it is a Mahogany phone was from the picture. (Maybe it's just me).

Terry

GG

Agreed, all very nice, but definitely in the "look but don't touch" category for me.  OTOH, for those prices, Ray can make you two or three of them in the colors of your choice.

AE_Collector

It seems as though there is an increase in the number of AE phones with chrome banded type 38 handsets. Type 38's with chrome rather than black painted brass rings were quite rare. I wonder if Dencin's has been chroming a lot of these for the phone refurbishers on ebaY lately?

Terry