and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seller invoiced higher price after auction end

Started by FABphones, December 11, 2018, 04:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RB

I have not been burned like that .
I have noticed on a few auctions on ebay, a FREE SHIPPING
on the little square at the bottom of a posted item.
Then, when I click on it to view it, the shipping has a number in it...what the heck is that all about?

HarrySmith

Quote from: FABphones on December 12, 2018, 09:49:29 AM
I couldn't leave feedback via my laptop, but the option was available on the iPad app.
Neg left, checked it, and it is there.

Seller has relisted the phone, with the postage price that was on the second invoice.

Got a link or item number for it?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: RB on December 12, 2018, 11:00:16 AM
I have not been burned like that .
I have noticed on a few auctions on ebay, a FREE SHIPPING
on the little square at the bottom of a posted item.
Then, when I click on it to view it, the shipping has a number in it...what the heck is that all about?

Regular Member Post

Look at where you are located and where it ships from. It may be it is an international shipment so free shipping would be in the country of origin but if the seller ships internationally, the listing of such an item allows for international postage costs to be added or extra to the shipment so a free shipping deal within the US may be free shipping plus the international extras set up by the seller in the listing. First class to Canada adds a bit extra for a free shipping sale to a US buyer.

A US seller shipping an item to a US buyer for free shipping has the cost of shipping built into the price. International extras could cause the seller to sell the item at a loss so the eBay allowance for international shipping helps the seller get a fair price and have the shipping covered, what the seller is willing to pay withing the US plus any extra for international shipping.

This is one way it happens. There may be other ways, including ripping off the buyer.

RB

Did not know that, don't try to ship outside of lower 48.
Thanks for the info.

TelePlay

Quote from: RB on December 12, 2018, 03:03:02 PM
Did not know that, don't try to ship outside of lower 48.

Depending on the item, I will ship US only, US and Canada or US and Worldwide.

This is the shipping section from a listing I have on eBay with Free Shipping (within the US) but below the US section, you can see I would ship it worldwide using Priority Mail through eBay Global Shipping - let eBay do the customs paperwork and the buyer pays a lot for that. In this case, I would ship free to Kentucky and from there eBay charges the buyer for the Global Shipping postage costs and fees.

I have no idea of how the shipping charges would look on the listing in another country.