News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Siemens 366 wall phone

Started by wds, December 14, 2013, 06:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I've been looking for one of these for quite a while.  It's even better looking in person than it is in the pictures.  Unfortunately I forgot to look for dates while I had it apart.  Nice addition to my wall phones.  The number above the dial - is that a serial number?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

That phone looks almost new!  I am amazed at how you keep finding these.

I doubt that the number is a serial number.  It would be far too complicated and costly to change the mould for each bakelite case.

Larry

poplar1

Not certain but I think REG. or Registered is # for a design or trademark, and PAT. or patented is for the invention claim, both issued by the same govermental agency.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

twocvbloke

That number will be a UK patent number, this phone was built by Siemens Brothers & Co. Ltd of Woolich, London... :)

Some info on the phone here:

http://www.britishtelephones.com/siemensb/366.htm

Seems it made it's way from Saskatchewan, seeing as it has a North American style dial... :)

wds

Good info on the number.  Yes, the phone came from Canada - from the same seller that had the NE wall phone that had the WE #2 dial converted to a Northern Electric #2 dial..
Dave

Matilo Telephones

Very nice. It is in very good condition.

Is that mouthpiece particular to Canada? I do not remember seeing one like that on a British Phone. Then again, British phones is not my expertise.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

twocvbloke

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on December 15, 2013, 03:10:32 AM
Is that mouthpiece particular to Canada? I do not remember seeing one like that on a British Phone. Then again, British phones is not my expertise.

I've not seen one myself either, but according to my link above, it seems it's unique to Siemens telephones made in the UK, so it is an original british feature, just not that common on other british phones... :)

dsk

:) A really nice telephone. Cant remember to have seen one of those before, but I have to ask:
Why didn't they use that beauty in the Siemens land (Germany), or did they?

dsk 

Matilo Telephones

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

dsk

Thank you.
:) I have to learn something every day  :D

dsk

wds

I"m confused.  Siemens & Halske is/was a German company.  Siemens & Brothers was a subsidiary of Siemens & Halske.  Although located in England, wouldn't the company still be German?
Dave

twocvbloke

Quote from: wds on December 15, 2013, 12:40:38 PM
I"m confused.  Siemens & Halske is/was a German company.  Siemens & Brothers was a subsidiary of Siemens & Halske .  Although located in England, wouldn't the company still be German?

Blame WWI, any german business located in the UK was seized when WWI broke out, so it pretty much became a british company, regardless of it's origins... :)

wds

Oh yeah.  I forgot about that little squirmish. 
Dave

twocvbloke

Quote from: wds on December 15, 2013, 03:40:51 PM
Oh yeah.  I forgot about that little squirmish. 

Most usually have forgotten, and are only reminded on 11th of November... :D