News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 24 (previously 25) - Stromberg Carlson 1898 candlestick

Started by bingster, March 09, 2009, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Our auction contest this week concerns a rather nifty Stromberg Carlson deskstand.  This one is is listed as being from 1898, has one of the most fearsome receivers I've ever seen, and looks like a million bucks all decked out in nickel.

What will it bring?  Let's hear your guesses before the auction's final day, and you could be this week's winner!

S C O R E B O A R D
$  789 - DanĀ² (-182.99)
$  950 - McHeath (-21.99)
Sold for $971.99
$1010 - bingster (Over)
$1150 - Sargeguy (Over)
$1255 - AtomicEraTom (Over)
$1300 - HobieSport (Over)
$1450 - Steve (Over)
$1580 - mienaichizu (Over)
$1600 - BDM (Over)
$1871 - Dennis Markham (Over)
$1960 - Dan/Panther (Over)
$2100 - Bill Cahill (Over)

= DARRIN =

BDM

$1600, maybe.....That's a very desirable set. These type of sets generally divide the boys from the men, or the casual collector from the down right brutally serious collector ;D
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dennis Markham

Sargeguy

Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

McHeath

Whew, that sure is pretty!  Looks like I'm going to have to go with a wild and amazingly high bid idea of 950 clams, Amerikun.  I know, that's low, but I keep thinking that any minute now the economy is going to put the brakes on these e-bay auctions and I'll win the Big Prize.

What is the Big Prize this week anyway?

HobieSport

I'll go with $1300.
McHeath, the big prize is your very own one of these highly collectible caterpillar phones: ;D
Seriously though, that really is one of the neatest phones I've ever seen in my brief career. :o

Bill Cahill

Nice toy... Hmmm, alot of bids.....
MMMM. I guess, drum roll, please........
I guess 2100.00.
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

AET

- Tom

McHeath

QuoteMcHeath, the big prize is your very own one of these highly collectible caterpillar phones

Yummy. But do I have to pay for the incoming calls?  Cuz' if I do then it's a rip off and I'm so outta here.

Steve

If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

McHeath

Hey I think I won this one, final price of 971.99!  A lot less than I really thought it would go for.

bingster

It's all you, McHeath!  Congratulations. 8)

Stay tuned for the next auction to be posted shortly!
= DARRIN =