News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Antique Bell Crank Wood Wall Telephone Box w/Bells eBay 260825691214

Started by Doug Rose, July 29, 2011, 09:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this shortly after it was posted, a really nice Bell Phone made in Belgium. All I need is a headset for it. I was planning on using an E1 unless someone has a picture of what this beauty looks like originally.  Any info would be greatly appreciated....Doug

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260825691214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Kidphone

Wallphone

Doug, This looks like a Country Junction (or similar) type phone. What they did was take old ringer boxes and install newer components in it. You will know for sure once you look inside of it. Here are a few pics of one I sold awhile back.
Doug Pav

Doug Rose

Quote from: Wallphone on July 29, 2011, 11:08:51 AM
Doug, This looks like a Country Junction (or similar) type phone. What they did was take old ringer boxes and install newer components in it. You will know for sure once you look inside of it. Here are a few pics of one I sold awhile back.
Doug Pav
Bummer! I hope this is not the case here. I saw the decal and that price and it was mine. I will post pictures when it arrives. The one you sold looks like a Phoneco creation. I was hoping this might be real. We shall see....thanks....other Doug
Kidphone

rdelius

Phonco took old ones like the first one and installed dials and modern guts. The handset pictured is the correct one.There was a optional wooden back board that was used to hold the batteries. This is a Local battery series set with a low impedence ringer.This was not a bridging set.
Robby
I have the same set in my kitchen with the back board , not hooked up because I did not want to hack the wiring.

Doug Rose

Robbie...any idea why both sets are double hinged. Very strange, both the door and the back can open?. Also feet on the back of both. No way this could sit on a table with he cradle on the top.....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

I bet the feet are there to hold the phone from touching the wall so they could use that line cord and still get a flush mount.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

And the feet are standoffs so that it can be wall mounted and then later the wall can be repainted around the phone without getting the paint all over the side of the phone.

Terry

rdelius

If I remember correctly, the terminals to wire the telephone were on the back but inside.you could access them easier if you opened the back. There should be a directory hook underneith.Whoever bought Chicago Old Telephone (woodberry?) should have factory refurbished origional handsets with the cloth cords. Ron Knappan had them to
Robby

Doug Rose

Quote from: rdelius on July 30, 2011, 12:10:54 AM
If I remember correctly, the terminals to wire the telephone were on the back but inside.you could access them easier if you opened the back. There should be a directory hook underneith.Whoever bought Chicago Old Telephone (woodberry?) should have factory refurbished origional handsets with the cloth cords. Ron Knappan had them to
Robby
Thanks Robbie...makes sense. I check my parts box for handsets. Is the handset unmarked? If its original inside ( I hope I hope) I'll go with an E1.

Kenny/Terry...thanks for the info....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

It came in today's mail, all original made in 1949. I a more than happy with it....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I cleaned it up and it is just a stunning phone. Looks great with an E1. I just have to find a good spit cup. I have one around some place. I was surprised they were making magneto phone in 1949. Bakelite cradle and crank handle. Feet are wood!....Doug
Kidphone