News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Latest Find on Ebay - 1952 WE 501 in black

Started by Desert Phone Guy, July 24, 2019, 09:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Phone Guy

Was looking thru Ebay recently, and stumbled on this 1952 501 Desk Set.  It looked good, so I decided to place an offer on it.  I paid $20 plus shipping.  ALL the dates match 10-52.  The condition is excellent.

Did I get a deal or did I overpay for a plastic set?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Western-Electric-501-Black-Rotary-Telephone-10-52-U-S-A-still-shines/323863781924

?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Some Photos attached.

Steve

Jim Stettler

You did good. It is hard to find a 1952 500 set. $20 plus shipping was cheap. You should put it in the find of the month.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

RotarDad

Great find; the condition on that set is excellent!  They are very hard to find in that nice shape.  The price is a very good deal, again based on the condition and relatively early date.  I learned something here:  this set still uses the 2-wire C3A ringer, a special version used for the party line sets with the 426A tube.  I thought they went with the C4A ringer with the C/D models (425B network), but that obviously is not true.  The sets that I have with the C3A ringer both have the tube and the earlier 425A net (model 501T).
Paul

Stormcrash

Great find! The base and cords are in wonderful condition. Date matching is a wonderful bonus on such a good looking set

Desert Phone Guy

No offers for the phone on this forum, so I put it on ebay.  Sold on a best offer.

Steve

Dan/Panther

Did you post it in the classifieds. If not no one saw the offer. The offer to sell in this thread was deleted.

D/P

=====

Note: The offer to sell this phone to the forum that was made in this topic and now deleted was for about $45 to $50 plus about $15 shipping and should have been posted as a stand alone topic in the forum Classified's For Sale topic.

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson