News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vic Fedeli, North Bay's mayor supports wrecking vintage phones and vintage TVs

Started by 1954NE500, September 15, 2010, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1954NE500

Vic Fedeli, Mayor of North Bay runs a recycle program that wrecks old phones, yes, our beloved rotary dial phones
from the 1970's and earlier as well as the destruction of vintage TV sets going back to the 1950's-yikes.
I;m very much looking forward to his departure in 40 days when our election is. Just a note to any collectors to avoid
North Bay until after October the 25th and to protest this city if we must. We must all work hard to guard our
cherished phone collections and other vintage electronics as well.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

1954NE500

North Bay is in Canada in the province of Ontario about 3 1/2 hours north of Toronto on Hwy 11 at Hwy 17. That's where North Bay can be found, also about 1 hour east of Sudbury, Ontario.

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

Perhaps he has his own collection, and he is trying to increase its value by destroying everyone else's.

Larry

1954NE500

The reason Vic Fedeli is targeting old TVs and old phones is that the city runs an electronics recycling program with the Ontario Electronics Stewardship. Nope, Vic Fedeli does not have a TV of phone collection. Also, there's been so much demolition of old buildings since Vic Fedeli was mayor in 2003. vHe's out of City Hall December 1st, just 2 1/2 months to go. A lot of the people in North Bay are total idiots as well who just don't know the value of older things as well. I can find a lot older things in much smaller towns and the good ol' back roads as well than in North Bay.

Greg G.

Quote from: 1954NE500 on September 16, 2010, 05:09:05 PM
I can find a lot older things in much smaller towns and the good ol' back roads as well than in North Bay.

Now I know where I'm going on my next road trip.  But at that distance, I may be too tired to hunt by the time I get there!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

1954NE500

Trust me, it will be worth the drive to the North Bay area to help support our cause in vintage phone preservation for the future.
There's a few good motels/hotels here in North Bay as well.