News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The best dogs I've seen. All have been mine.

Started by Bill Cahill, March 24, 2009, 08:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

When I was active in Breeding shelties, I had a kennel name and made a logo for it.
I drew the logo myself, modeled after my dog Kaw-liga. Here is a scan of the logo.
I recently commissioned a local wood Carver to make me a 4 foot wooden statue of the logo. I'm suppose to pick it up this weekend. It cost me $400.00.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Well, we were going to go get our German Sheppard tomorrow, and unfortunately he was already adopted we found out tonite, so that's a no go :(
- Tom

Bill Cahill

And, now, going on her second week here, I also have my newest friend, Diamond.
Diamond was another abused dog. She was barely fed, and, watered, never had her shots, was kept in the back yard on a leash, or, in the garage.
She had little to no love.
She was kept as a puppy mill. They got her pregnant at a young age , and, sold the babies for cash.

She's a Pit bull mix.She's the sweetest thing you've ever seen. She kisses alot,  and, is a bundle of nergy. When I got her she had a svere case of flea infestation, and, had developed skin alergies to them.
I've known about her for almost two years, and, kept negotiating with the woman who owned her.
She moved out two weeks ago, and, after abandonning the dog in the garage for a week, finally gave her to me.
I got her a vet, who gave a thorough examination.
She is on a 6 month flea treatment program, and, has had all her shots, and, is now licensed.
Got my other dog, Mike, his shots, and, licensed at the same time.
So far, I only have pictures of her when I first got her, but, will take more pictures soon.
Mike and, her are starting to get along very well, and, I'm teaching her proper walking on her potty walks.
The little thief. This evenning I was making myself a sandwitch. She, and, Mike wanted some meat in their food, so I broke up a couple of pieces of meat, and, gave equal amounts to both.
But, when I wasn't looking, Diamond got up on my table, and, stole the half of the sandwitch with the meat on it. The little thief!
Anyway, I love them dearly, and, I think she's going to work out very well here.
Here are the earlier pictures of her....
I'm most happy to report that she is much healthier now, and, Mike, and, her are starting to get along well..  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Good of you to be so caring about this poor dog.  People can treat a dog like they wouldn't treat a dog, if you know what I mean. 

Bill Cahill

A Happy ending...

Well, Diamond is getting aclamated to her new home with us. Mike, and, her are starting to be friends.
Her wounds are healing, she's gainning weight, she's had her shots, she has her license, and, she's getting better every day.
Today she slipped out the front door when my friend Ruth openned it to go out to her car.
Diamond led us on a merry chase around the neighborhood.
We couldn't catch her no matter what....
She ran up to my locked gate to my back yard, then, off again.
Ruth openned the gate, and, she came running back, and, into the yard.
I went in, and, latched the gate.
I openned the side door to the house, and, called her. She came running, and, walked in, and, I closed the door.
She's obviously very happy here, and, we're happy to have her....
Here are some pictures of her I took this evenning.......
Bill Cahill  ;D

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Bill Cahill

And, here are a few more pictures.....  ;D
Bill Cahill

McHeath

Bill Cahill

;D Well, I'm happy to say that there was very little trouble today.
While not yet fast friends, Diamond, and, Mike now get along.
They didn't scrap today, and, she was much calmer. Our walks were actually pleasant, also.
I'mv a very happy camper, and, feel in time all 3 of us will be fast friends.
One wound is completely healed, and, the other is again healing.
She's gained weight, and, is showing strenghth.
She's going to be a good dog.
Bill Cahill  ;D

HobieSport

Bill your dogs are very lucky to have a friend like you!
-Matt

Bill Cahill

Thanks for your encouragement guys! ;D
Indeed, I feel very lucky to have them....
And, I thank God for convincing me to keep her.
Somebody's still having pooping fits in the house occasionally,  ??? :o but, I'm hoping in time this, too, settles down.......
Bill Cahill

HobieSport

Bill, I must admit that I haven't had a dog since childhood.

It's just that my family had such a one good dog when I was growing up that I can't quite bring myself to ever love another dog quite like that.

And it is simply not practical for me to have a dog now.

I hope you will indulge me while I tell about my one favorite dog:

I don't have pictures of her but she was an Australian Shepard/Collie.

And yes; her name was Lassie.

Her and I were puppies together and grew up together for fourteen years.

I guess we first met when I was about five years old and she was about two months old.

She was the most steady friend in our family for many years, from about 1962 to around 1975.

I could tell stories about her I guess, but basically she was simply the most honest and trustworthy friend.

She was very well behaved, but always protected our family, yet was never too aggressive.

She awaited orders, yet had a wisdom and decision making of her own.

I sometimes suspected that she might kill the local mailman if I so much as asked, but first we'd have to discuss the situation.

Fortunately for the mailman he was also a friend of the family.

And now for a simple heart rendering memory of My Dog Lassie:

Lassie loved going to the beach, and swimming with our family in the ocean waves.  Then we would all emerge from the water and wallow in the sand, and rub Lassie with clean warm sand to clean and dry her off. Then she would shake as usual and put sand in our eyes.

I miss her.

-Matt

Bill Cahill

I understand how you feel about your dog. I still very much miss our family ST. Bernard. Poochie Faya Temple.
She was a wonderful, loving dog. Very protective of us kids.
Poochie would have given up her life to protect us.
Let me say this...
That while with the passing of each, and, everyone of my animals, I have felt a little of me die with them, Ihave found that with every new one that I have allowed into my life, they had more to offer. No, they can't replace the old ones. They were'nt meant to.
They were meant to add to the long list of true love of a friend to their human.
And, everyone of my animals has carried on that love.
Yes, I still miss my lost friends, but, the new friends take away some of that pain, and, add to the love.. God bless them all.....
Bill Cahill

Bill Cahill

Boy, did I goof!!!!
This afternoon, my dogs wanted to go for a potty walk. I decided to take them to Tampa Bay at the foot bridge by Little Byu. Spelled wrong, I'm sure.
We were doing fine. Both dogs did their job just fine. We went on the bridge, and, stood there a few minuites. Mike decided it was time to come home, so, we turned around. We got most of the way through the small park, and, heard a clap of thunder. Next thing we knew we got caught in a rare severe thunderstorm.Rain, and, all.
We got sopping wet.I stopped by a house holding some people I know, and, I asked for a ride home.
He gave it to us, and, we thanked him for the ride, and, came in the house.
I got out of my sopping wet clothes, and, put them into the dryer.
I dried Mike off as much as I could. Tried to dry her, but, she wouldn't let me. In fact, she has stayed away from me since then. I can only assume she's upset with me.
Oh, well, I'm much dryer now. Mike is nearly dry, and, being short haired, Diamond is pretty dty again.
What a walk!!!!
Bill Cahill

HobieSport

What an adventure. Good thing you got a ride home, though sopping wet. Yeah, I guess Diamond is still learning to trust you after her hard childhood. Maybe she thinks that the thunderstorm was all your fault, and you meant to do that. Bad, bad Bill! ;)

Glad you and the dogs pulled through okay.
-Matt

Bill Cahill

I suspect you are right on that.

I also noticed this evenning that all her fussing with Mike has caused some injury to his ears. The fur is nearly completely torn out on the outside.
I told her off sternly tonight, and, she has so far quieted down. I suspect she knows she's done something wrong, and, has gotten my wrath.
She'll also continue to get my love, but, I will not have her huring Mike.
I also don't like her jealous shoving him away.
This MUST stop!!!!
Boy, she's had poor care up to now......
Bill Cahill