"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Home Made Step Switch

Started by marty, February 02, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty

Hi All;
When I was a Kid, I had a Candlestick with dial (I don't know what make or what happened to it). But, after hooking to my home phone line, and calling some people, and later having a phone Repair man show up to re-hook up our "500" series phone, He would not let me Re-hook it up... Anyway, I then had an old Stepper and some Relays, and I tried to make it step and hold... No Luck, But I was a kid... So I have a D1 now , and if I got another Candlestick, I would like to know how I could make it work.  and step and hold... I still don't understand how its done, and would like to know more... I like switching systems.... and phones....
THANK YOU Marty

Jim Stettler

Marty,
Join up with the switchers. They are affliated with TCI.

You can also join C*NET that is were switchers connect their switch thru the internet.
There are csome members here.

A friend of mine is building me a demo step switch.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

marty

Hi Jim;
COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please send me some pictures, when you get the Demo unit....
THANK YOU Marty

Jim Stettler

Quote from: marty on February 03, 2011, 09:53:44 AM
Hi Jim;
COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Please send me some pictures, when you get the Demo unit....
THANK YOU Marty
Come out to the ATCA KS show this April and you see it in action. You can also meet Fred Haynes. Fred is a switcher and he is the one  building the demo unit for me.
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

marty

Hi All;
I would love to try and get to the Show, But it would be a LONG walk, and no money for a place to stay... I struggle just to Pay Lot Rent every month.. So, a trip outside of Boulder, is out of the question, at least for the present....
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
I have found some material from the Bell Technical Journal to read, and so I need to read that and Mainly understand it, before posting any more Questions...  THANK ALL for their Help... This is a Great Forum....
THANK YOU Marty