News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 88: Western Electric 302 1941 Metal Restored in PINK!

Started by AE_Collector, April 12, 2013, 08:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Since the BIN is another auction I will guess the one with no reserve will end early if it does not get bid up high enough. You cannot set a reserve without it showing up on the auction.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Mr. Bones

Thanks, Harry!

I truly appreciate the clarification. Have a great weekend, Sir!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

4 and a half days to go, 9 bids and it is sitting at $51. Is that it or will there be a lot of last minute activity?

Terry

Sargeguy

They do not take PayPal-winning bidder should just leave the money on the nightstand ::)
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Mr. Bones

Quote from: Sargeguy on April 18, 2013, 09:48:27 PM
They do not take PayPal-winning bidder should just leave the money on the nightstand ::)
BwaaaHahahahahaha!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

TelePlay

Terry,

Congrats on the victory. Only $2 off the sale price of $255. What did you know?

And, seeing that you won, that will save on the cost of the winning prize fund transfer. ;)

Doug Rose

Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 21, 2013, 05:41:46 PM
$255.........I am speechless  ???

Doug,

You didn't play. Think it would have or should have gone for more?

y***k really wanted it.

AE_Collector

What....I Won??!   I never win....Yipee!

As you say John, the CRPF saves the postage onthe winnings. I,ll just add that onto my check, thank you!

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: TelePlay on April 21, 2013, 06:11:38 PM
Quote from: Doug Rose on April 21, 2013, 05:41:46 PM
$255.........I am speechless ???

Doug,

You didn't play. Think it would have or should have gone for more?

y***k really wanted it.
John.....I thought it went much higher than I could imagine for a painted phone. More of a shocker when you see it, than a keeper. Cool looking, but $255 is sky high....in my humble opinion.....Doug
Kidphone

twocvbloke

Someone paid that much for that thing? :o

I guess there's no accounting for taste... :D

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on April 22, 2013, 06:23:45 AM
John.....I thought it went much higher than I could imagine for a painted phone. More of a shocker when you see it, than a keeper. Cool looking, but $255 is sky high....in my humble opinion.....Doug

Thanks, Doug.

Was curious to your thinking. I was in at $200. My thinking was there had to be at least two people out there not into phone collecting who thought it was cool and had enough cash to buy it as a bauble for someone as a gift. I was surprised it went to $255 but then there were two people who seemed to want it, and y***k wanted it most. It is a one of a kind. I could even see it being used on the front desk of a specialty store as a lure of sorts to help with business in one way or another. That sort of thing.

At least Terry will be saving the CRPF some money in paying out the winning prize. Prize goes from left hand to right hand and it's done.  :D

AE_Collector

Yes but I still have all the book keeping to do to keep track of the funds for CRPF. No onewantstheir monthly dues here being misappropriated!

Terry