News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Craig's List Find Aqua 302

Started by Doug Rose, January 25, 2010, 03:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this 302 on Craig's List  last September. I know WE did not sell 302s in this color, but it does look like a WE color. Whoever did this did an outstanding job. It is more a coating than a paint.  I think I heard the term "polene" in the past. This guy is durable and seems almost impossible to chip or scratch. Anyone have any idea on this process and where this might have been done?.....Doug
Kidphone

teka-bb

Nice color.

Richard Rose of http://www.ericofon.com gets his phones painted at Natural State Finishing (Phyllis Gaddis) and is very positive about the result.

Maybe you can ask Richard or Phyllis what kind of paint / finish they use.

Natural State Finishing
1925 Spring St
Hot Springs, AR  71901-4812 
Phone: (501) 624-0089 

=============================================
Regards,

Remco, JKL Museum of Telephony Curator

JKL Museum of Telephony: http://jklmuseum.com/
TCI Library: http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

Dennis Markham

That does look very nice, Doug.  A collector that had an Aqua "mushroom" needed the cap re-painted and Phyllis painted it for him.  She waited until she had a batch in that color  He said the match is excellent.  That would be a good name and number to jot down if one needs a phone or parts repainted.  Thank you, Remco.

McHeath

It could also be an OldPhoneWorks job, they sell nicely painted phones in all sorts of colors. 

It certainly is pretty.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: McHeath on January 25, 2010, 08:09:49 PM
It could also be an OldPhoneWorks job, they sell nicely painted phones in all sorts of colors. 

It certainly is pretty.
I agree w/ McHeath it looks like an OldPhoneWorks phone to me.
Jim s.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dan/Panther

A very nice looking phone. Got me thinking.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Another vote for OPW.  They sell that precise color in 302s.
= DARRIN =

JimH

I have a "mediterranean blue" 202 "Continental" that was recoated in Polane, and it is flawless.  Whoever did it did a nice job.  I bought it on ebay and don't know who did it...possibly Phyllis.  It has the clear dial like the rest of the 1950s continentals.  I would love to get a 354 wall phone done like that!
Jim H.

Dewdrop

Doug,

What is the body of the WE 302 made of - plastic or metal?

Thanks
Debbie
Debbie

Doug Rose

Debbie...it's thermoplastic....Doug
Kidphone

Dewdrop

Doug,

What was the original color of the body, handset, handset cord, and wall cord? Didn't know this place (Natural State Finishing) existed. Have been to Hot Springs numerous times.

Debbie
Debbie

Doug Rose

Debbie....phone is black. That is the original color of the handset cord, a real nice match with the paint. I have heard of Phyllis from ATCA members. but I have never had her paint anything for me. I bought this from Craig's List in Boston and do not know where the refurb was done.....Doug
Kidphone