News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Instead We had the Yard Sale

Started by Doug Rose, May 28, 2017, 05:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Normally Jan and I hit the yard sales every Saturday, instead we had our Yard Sale. Good time was had by all and we made a few $$...Doug
Kidphone

AL_as_needed

Aw man, selling the potty seat?!  ;D
TWinbrook7

oldguy

You've got a beautiful yard Doug.
Gary

Doug Rose

thanks Gary....the yard is my other passion. The landscaper just got finished cutting as we have rain in the forecast. Yes.....I am the landscaper with yeomen help from Jan doing the gardens and the trim. I am the "grass guy." Obsession is a good thing....I cut it twice a week.

Al....we used two Potty chairs as end tables for years. Got a few strange looks when the top of the table was lifted. I found a better set of "real end tables at a yard sale that I refinished.

That being said the potty chair was brought back in just after the pics were taken. Can't quite let them go.....yet....Doug

Kidphone

AL_as_needed

Quote from: Doug Rose on May 29, 2017, 09:41:03 AM
Al....we used two Potty chairs as end tables for years. Got a few strange looks when the top of the table was lifted. I found a better set of "real end tables at a yard sale that I refinished.

My grandmother has a potty seat (no not in use...yet!) that is down by the entry door in the basement to sit on while you put on shoes etc. It's more "formal" looking as it has armrests and a back to it like a normal chair. What was always funny was my grandfather would keep hats, scarves, and gloves in the potty part. Quite handy in all honesty.       
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

Been there.....have that!! What does this say about me? This is my favorite. $15 at a yard sale. Painted!! This was a great refurb!!....Doug
Kidphone

AL_as_needed

Well now how about that! That is more or less the same one, too funny. Is there anything you dont collect?  ;D
TWinbrook7

Doug Rose

Al....we love antiques and have them all over the house....including me. Yard Sales are not just for telephones, or so I try to tell myself  8) I love to finish old wood, Getting the paint out of the seams was not fun!!
Kidphone