News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

very high bids on red WE500

Started by Butch Harlow, May 15, 2018, 09:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

Explain why this is going so high? Its a refurb from 1973, it has no interior pictures. It could have anything inside. Its in nice shape, very clean, but by no means perfect. very high bids for a red WE500
Butch Harlow

Pourme

It is very RED....

& you get that really cool Coke bottle, too?

That's all I got.......
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

LarryInMichigan

It is shiny!  Shiny things sell for high prices.  Go figure.

Larry

monophone_lover

i could be wrong but the dial card looks allot like the ones used at the old bell museum however they were blue but maybe for red it made red cards..  it was years ago they auctioned the phones off.. and i have some as well as many other collectors..  this im not sure of but could explain why (if it not a shill)....
Rob
ATCA # 4057

RotarDad

This one is very hard to explain - lots of shine certainly, but the phone has its share of marks/scratches including the finger wheel.  Even if this were an NOS '56 Tenite red 500, I would not expect this kind of price.  A phone like this, nice and shiny, should be $50-$75 for someone who wants clean and pretty.   I sold a really-nice, all-matching red '67 500 like this maybe a year ago and got $75 or so.  If this is a real sale, the seller should be ecstatic - the buyers got way ahead of themselves...    It will be interesting to see if it reappears due to a "nonpaying buyer"....
Paul

HarrySmith

Maybe a case of 2 bidders who got carried away. Once it got over $100.00 it was the same 2 bidders. Just a lucky seller who got buyers in a bidding war.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

monophone_lover

Quote[/quote

the history of these two are intresting the one is his first bid on telephones in the last 30 days.... the other never bid at all on telephones...

Rob
ATCA # 4057

HarrySmith

HMMM. That is interesting. Makes one wonder??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RB

FABphones

I've never worked out the reason for bidders putting, say, 10 bids in a row increasing the bid amount by only, for example, a dollar/pound a bid. Why not just one bid for their final amount.  ???
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

I don't get it either.
Then again I'm one of those naughty people who only bid at the last second (either in person or via a snipe if I'm away from the PC).
I've paid too much for stuff in the past by getting into a bidding war so I've learnt that lesson!
:)

HarrySmith

Sometimes they do that to try and sniff out the other bidders high bid. They don't want to pay too much so they go a dollar at a time. They don't realize that if you put in a high bid eBay only goes one dollar over the other high bidder.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

ARE YOU SERIOUS ????
I let my Gray 1958 500 go for $117.00, and this common 500 went for almost 600.
I bet the winner is going to be upset when they see that it's PROBABLY NOT Coke Red.
Oh well....

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson