"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric 302 - Pink

Started by Doug Rose, December 09, 2018, 08:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 10, 2018, 09:36:39 PM
I asked the seller about this phone, he stated it was Ray's. Also added some further comments:

not comfortable taking the phone apart.. all the internals are there. guaranteed. i will take a pic of the bottom. the guy who created the phone is ray kotke.. he told me he only made two of these in pink, but mine has pink suede feet .. the other one does not. getting that guy to make anything was a crazy risk.. it took me 3 years to get my phone after I paid him.

Yep; guilty on "most" counts. These guys would always want me to make them a phone thinking I could just POOP one out every hour or so. Heavens, I first had to teach myself the mechanics and engineering while I was doing it, and then go from there (after making about a million mistakes). Course, nobody wants to see my "other" speed. If there is one thing that I am VERY consistent at it's being SLOWWWWWW.....He got his phone; dirt cheap; end-of-story...Oh, and this is the same guy that had the Blue AE50 (that I cast) with the matching BLUE Extensicord if you remember seeing that on eBay awhile ago.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

paul-f

I received an email from ebay including the "relisting" info below -- doubling the price. It was sent at 7:53am today.

The links to the photo and auction are dead, so the new auction has been removed.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

RotarDad

Back on sale at the $10K level.  Must really be just to attract buyers to his other listings... Only 4 pics and just a few sentences of description also not consistent with a true desire to sell.  Gee, I could buy several '49 500s and throw in a real blue 302 for that kind of money...... 😎
www.ebay.com/itm/26408948730
Paul

Payphone installer

For 10,000 you could have the molds made.

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC