News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Original Paint Connecticut Manual Toaster Phone

Started by Doug Rose, January 27, 2019, 11:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I am a big fan of the Toaster phone. Also a big fan of manual sets. Usually when you find these they are beat with poor paint and a few dings in the metal. I saw this on eBay and hoped it had the potential I saw as the pics looked good. Seller took a $25 offer plus $12.65 and it sure did live up to the potential. Paint is next to perfect. Great Handset Cord. It was a working phone but the line cord was held together by schreads and was just falling apart. I will have to replace it. Very happy to finally find one in great shape....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Signal-Corps-U-S-Army-Telephone-TP-6-A-ORDER-No-6509-PHILA-51-03/223190953989
Kidphone

Butch Harlow

it's a beauty for sure. But, how is the toast? I am always looking for a better toaster.
Butch Harlow

Pourme

Once again, there you are....Looks like lucky timing...It's more than that, you find them because you look for them...Congrats on a great, cool phone! A keeper? (Need I ask?)

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Benny it now resides in the Phone Room...it is a keeper.

Butch....when I when I get a cord, I will let you know  :o.....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Yea, I have to agree that's a very cool phone.
And I can see why they call them toaster phones. I saw one in a yard sale many years ago, but I didn't buy it because I really wasn't excited about the shape, and the price had a lot to do with it too.
KEN

RB

oldguy

Beautiful phone Doug, lots of work but worth it.
Gary