News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Seeing expensive RED again! on eBay

Started by Babybearjs, February 23, 2018, 08:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

>:( >:( >:( here we go again! why is this color so expensive? Red seems to be a money maker....this is crazy! the current bid..  over $50.00.... and I have black, brown beige and green..... and all those cost me less then $25.00 Each.... why's red so darned pricey??
John

twocvbloke

Red = Emergency/Danger/Alert, so attracts higher prices, I think I was lucky with my red WE500, red phones over here are even more insanely priced...  :-\

HarrySmith

If you are patient you will find one cheaper. I was expecting a premium on the last Red 500 I sold on eBay but it did not come. It's a fickle market.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

When i first started collecting in the Summer of 2013, Red 500s were selling like crazy. I eventually found the cheapest one I could get--a mid-'70s version with a heavily damaged line cord for $65. About a month later, prices for them plummeted. I started seeing soft plastic ones in better shape sell for less than what I paid for mine. >:(

Definitely a finicky market...
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Babybearjs

fickle is right! I just wish I'd find one when I had money available to spend.... this last one was only $1.00....but red is never that cheap! I'd settle for just the 565 shell.... then I could make my own.... so darn hard to get.....
John