News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Metal 500 finger wheel dial card holders

Started by m1898, December 16, 2013, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1898

I have a couple of WE 500 metal finger wheels with plastic number card rings. The rest are metal. Was there any particular reason/timeline for the difference?                 Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

RotarDad

Jim - I believe the plastic ones are a 70s item, and I'm sure it was less expensive.  The plastic also don't have paint to chip, and since they are more flexible, they are a bit easier to install based on my experience.  I personally don't like the plastic ones because I know they are newer and not 50s "authentic".  They are also a bit thicker than the metal ones, so a careful eye can spot them pretty easily.
Paul

m1898

Makes sense. Thank you. I will be replacing the plastic with metal, soon.         Jim
"Oh lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, I get better looking each day"

poplar1

The plastic one also breaks easily, especially the tab on the bottom that holds it on the dial.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.