News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AT&T Trimline Wall Phone

Started by 19and41, October 24, 2017, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

Found a nice phone at the thrift store today.  It is about as close as they come to a classic rotary phone as can be had around here.  The avaliable light pics are way off in color.  The phone is actually mustard colored. with matching cord.  Even the exposed parts of the keystone connectors are mustard yellow.  It covers the wall plate nicely.  I hope to restore service to it soon.  I intend to run a line from my OOMA to the Panasonic PBX next to the old phone co.  line in box and feed the 1967 vintage wall outlets from there.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

jsowers

You'll like those green LED-lit pushbuttons on the touchpad. Quite a nice design and no transformer needed. These AT&T Trimlines were just about the last decent phones made by Bell after divestiture.

There's someone selling refurbished modular Trimlines like these with new cords for $80.00 on eBay and people are buying them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272882097206
Jonathan

Number, please!

I've got a brown one, which is not a great color, on the wall in my shop.  I also have a black desk Trimline next to my computer.  Both are in use daily, they're built like tanks!
Stu

19and41

They are nice phones.  It's hard to even find a Western Electric phone in the thrifts around here
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke