News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Harris TT Butt Sets

Started by Babybearjs, March 19, 2017, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

My Neighbor Ken, who used to do phone work wanted me to try to redouble shoot a Harris TT Butt Set. after changing the 9 volt battery, the results came back positive.... it had an open in the circuit somewhere. does anyone know the failure rate of these things? and are they even repairable? being TT they have all IC circuitry and the factory poured what looks like wax on the board to protect it... this is the second one I've messed with and I told ken... That's why I use the old Rotary dial sets.... they are more reliable....
John

AE_Collector

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 19, 2017, 04:34:54 PM
try to redouble shoot a Harris TT Butt Set

I thought that was a ride at Coney Island or something like that? And yes, look who is talking about typos and spell check Glitches!!

I think the coating is called Conformal Coating or something like that.

There is another battery onboard that eventually dies. Not easy to replace because of the coating. I think there was a class action lawsuit because of the difficulty in maintaining these.

Terry

Babybearjs

;D LOL! Thanks Terry. I gave the butt set back to ken and told him the problem was in the circuit board.... anyway, did you see my post about the butt set from Malayasia? wonder how the telephone system works there??
John