News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

KTAS telephone but wrong transmitter cap or???

Started by dsk, January 18, 2018, 02:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

;D Now, I have picked up the phones, great packing, and as someone mentioned the unoriginal transmitter cap had a "funnel" from a real antic phone.  I did mix parts to get one like the original, and did try to polish the worst.  I painted one gong and now it looks like I have one complete as original made in 1939.  The chrome on the chromed one is extremely thin, and does not cover in the shadows of the dial, you do not see it when it is mounted, but when dismantled it is terrible. This may be original, but I have my doubt.

Further testing will be done, and I am sure I will get the counter working.

I will need new cords, and a new transmitter cap to get the chrome one to look well, maybe a Siemens handset will look reasonably well?

dsk

dsk

More pictures

dsk

I just measured the dial speed, to slow, but no need for tuning for my equipment.

dsk

dsk

Not easy to tune those dials, but no I am close to 11pps. Perfect for my PAX.
I tried to measure the REN load, and at 25Hz I came to an impedance of 3370 ohms, this should give a REN load of about 2.1

dsk

+ some more pictures

dsk

I have been playing further on the Expoga modification, made the counter working on both 24 and 48V systems, found a new transmitter cap, stolen from an Antwerp replica, and painted black.  Now I feel it looks and works nice. 

Now I have 2 Danish KTAS phones in working order, even with a working counter.  :D

dsk