News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bought 3 Slot Pay Phone need help Identifying phone and changing way it operate

Started by Bob S, December 12, 2018, 09:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

Nothing to build. Connect the line cord to T1 and R1  ,pick up the handset. If you can talk,reverse the line connections. You should not talk intil a coin is dropped. You could wire a line cord  to a DPST 2 pole switch to make it work either way

Bob S

The line cord is connected to L1 and L2 if I reverse these I loose dial tone and that worked. Thank you Very Much I love it.

Thank you very much that was so cool. I didn't catch on at first when I switched L1 and L2 their was no dial tone and I switched it back and got dial tone and then it hit me like a tone of bricks and switched them back and it worked like you said I got dial tone after I dropped in Coin  :D ;D 8) ::) :) ;)

Bob S

Can any body tell me if this is standard circuitry for an AE payphone and what model it is.

rdelius

rdelius

I forgot this detail. Deposit coins when the party answers. If coins first,you will have to put more when answered.I know it is harder to hear dial tone. One of the wires on the bottom circuit board shunts the receiver you can experiment .others shunt the transmitter

Bob S

Thank you. I will try experimenting. Have any Idea what its worth

Bob S

Still not working need more help. Little confused on what I need to do to get it  to operate like it says on the front card not prepay I would like to operate like front of card shouldn't the installed phone electronics do this function as is so that when I call out the answering party can't hear me until I deposit change.  Was the wiring changed The big blue card in phone is a Teltronics SP105-c and above coin vault with coins witch is SPC-1B1 I have followed wiring diagram but when it comes to the 3rd picture I am lost it is not like diagram

rdelius

It will not work as indicated because your telephone line does not have reverse battery supervision.The way I indicated will need to have coins deposited when the party answers so you can talk.The dial tone is muted but if the shunt in the rec is disconnected,this will allow you to hear the called party. I will look at the diagram to see what would work. I wired many sets as yours for people who wanted to use coins.

rdelius

Looked at the diagram. Disconnect the yellow wire from the relay board terminal 3. This should leave the shunt on the transmitter but still allow you to hear dial tone

Bob S

I tried it other phone party can still hear me they are not supposed to hear me until I deposit coins. Again Thank you for your help