News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Touch Tone Ericofon

Started by LarryInMichigan, August 19, 2015, 10:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

Yesterday, at an antiques shop, I found a touch tone Ericofon.  It was marked $30, but I ended up paying $30 for both it and a pathetic Trav-ler 5951 radio which needs alot of work.  I have several Ericofons, but did not have any touch tone ones.  It seems that they are quite uncommon.

The shell looks like it was originally white, but it is discolored.  I haven't yet opened it to see what is inside.  I did plug it in and verify that the keypad works.

How rare are these?  Is this one worth anything?

Larry

LarryInMichigan

I just tried to open the phone, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the bottom.  I loosened the one screw, but something inside absolutely will not allow the bottom to move out more than a very short distance.  Can someone please share the secret of how to open these with me?

Thank You

Larry

tptech302

Hi Larry,

I have quite a few Ericofons but only 2 TT, one was my parents and another was an ebay purchase. I have never tried to take either of them apart though.

I have never seen many TT versions, but not sure how rare they are, but both of mine were made by North Electric. My other dozen or so are rotary some North and some Erricson, I do have a several manual Ericofons, which I had never seen until I found one in an antique store in Indiana, they a few years later found one on ebay.

Josh

unbeldi

The TT Ericofon was only made for four or five years before Ericsson shut the line down at North.
Since yours has all 12 buttons it is from later than 1968 or 1969. The 1967 model still had only 10 buttons.
Richard Rose doesn't seem to detail the disassembly of this one either.   Here is a link to the diagram: http://www.ericofon.com/work/diags/60a.gif

LarryInMichigan

With help from Richard Rose, I manged to open the phone.  There is a "7107" printed on the inside near the line cord, so I am guessing that this was made in 1971.  The shell is white on the inside.  The chassis is quite complicated with alot of components.

Larry

unbeldi

So what was the recipe for opening it?  It seems like the red horse shoe bar is the line switch, can it be removed to reveal chassis screws?

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: unbeldi on August 20, 2015, 11:08:43 AM
So what was the recipe for opening it?  It seems like the red horse shoe bar is the line switch, can it be removed to reveal chassis screws?

In addition to the screw visible in my picture, there is another screw on the other end of the keypad, hidden under the rubber gasket.

Larry