"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 198: Rare Soft Plastic 1956 Oxford Gray WE 500 - Ended 12/13/15

Started by TelePlay, December 03, 2015, 09:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

$600.00

Who has a spare handset cap & curly cord in Oxford Gray??
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Sargeguy

Would be a $700 phone, but how much is does the transmitter cap and chewed up cord detract from the value???  I'll guess $500
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

andre_janew

I'm hoping someone with an Oxford Gray manual phone gets it.  That way they can transfer the touch tone transmitter adapter over to the dial-less phone!

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

TelePlay

While we are waiting for this auction to end, I took the time to update the Find of the Month and Auction Contest PhotoBucket albums.

Time does fly for me, it seems. I was reminded last night by a member who will go unnamed or Terry will get mad at me that the Finds were some 8 months out of date. I then noticed the Auction Contests had a mere 22 completed auctions missing.

So, each is up to date as of right now and can be viewed at the links embedded above and click on the the year of finds or group of 20 contests to see the phones.

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #198 is andre_janew who with the 12th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $340.00 giving him his 3rd auction contest win. He seems to be on a role having won #180 and then, just a few days ago, won #196.  So, once again, our congratulations go out to andre_janew for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one rung in the Contest Standings.

The phone was won by e***a ( 371 ) who with his first and only bid of the auction, a snipe 8 seconds before the auction ended, exceeded a bid placed a bit more than an hour earlier. That snipe let him take the phone home for $342.99. The phone moved up in price slowly during the first 7 days of the contest to $301 where it sat until the auction ended. The auction saw 6 buyers placing 9 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 199 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.