News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOR SALE == RARE PAYPHONE PEDISTAL SIGN

Started by robert_m, January 04, 2019, 03:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_m

Not many of these survived - the pic shows waves - it is not thats just reflection.  Item dirty, but will clean up just fine, both lens (as its two sided are fine and not sun yellowed, no cracks either.

500.00 + Shipping, this is a large item, so suspect shipping in lower 48 would be around 100.00 but would not know until know destination zipcode.

kleenax

Quote from: robert_m on January 04, 2019, 03:31:32 PM
Not many of these survived - the pic shows waves - it is not thats just reflection.  Item dirty, but will clean up just fine, both lens (as its two sided are fine and not sun yellowed, no cracks either.

500.00 + Shipping, this is a large item, so suspect shipping in lower 48 would be around 100.00 but would not know until know destination zipcode.
Not rare at all, and quite modern actually. These usually sell for about $65-$100, and will usually ship for about $35-$45 via FedEx Ground.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Payphone installer

It's old it's a adco I beleive. Transformer is in the mounting bracket I beleive.

robert_m

Actually it is rare, as they were common on the phone pedistals late 70/80, and most if not all were disposed of then the pedistals removed.  Additionally, this one is lit, which also make it rare as the location the specific pedisal was install also has to have ac.  not would find them for 60 buck and 30 dollors tell me where, they dont exist.

Its model is (Western Electric) KS-20135, made by Benco for WE, Mecury Lamp, but i use an LED bulb, 1, for efficienticy, two prevent yellowing.  Their are clones, but not WE ones, few and far between have survived.

robert_m

Quote from: robert_m on January 05, 2019, 12:36:55 AM
Actually it is rare, as they were common on the phone pedistals late 70/80, and most if not all were disposed of then the pedistals removed.  Additionally, this one is lit, which also make it rare as the location the specific pedisal was install also has to have ac.  not would find them for 60 buck and 30 dollors tell me where, they dont exist.

Its model is (Western Electric) KS-20135, made by Benco for WE, Mecury Lamp, but i use an LED bulb, 1, for efficienticy, two prevent yellowing.  Their are clones, but not WE ones, few and far between have survived.

I do have the adco one as well, also rare, but its not for sale, with the 50/60 BS logo on it before phone.