News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What do you like about The Classic Rotary Phone Forum?

Started by Phonesrfun, October 04, 2009, 09:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

One thing I really like about this forum is that it is pretty much free from the bickering that goes on in other forums.  I certainly hope that even with increased membership, this forum can stay at a nice, friendly level!

-Bill Geurts, who thinks this place is like being "home".

-Bill G

bwanna

you said it bill!

i have perused other forums in the past, but none ever interested me until i found this place. i enjoy the friendly banter and of course have learned a TON. i appreciate that those with the knowledge don't patronize us rookies when we ask silly questions. ;D

i definitely feel like i have many friends here. ;)
donna

gpo706

Seconded.

Like to take this opportunity to thank all on here who have taken the time to respond to my sometime long-winded diatribes.

"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

McHeath

Yeah I agree, a noticeable lack of snide comments and mean spirited bickering seems to be the norm for our little phonelandia.  

It's pretty enjoyable.  

Dennis Markham

It is a good bunch of people that pass through these halls.  Thanks to all of you for making it such a nice place to visit.  I get a lot of e-mail from my other site (even though I've neglected it and haven't put up many new posts) from people asking questions.  In my answers to them I refer them here, inviting them to join in the conversation.  Many just have one question and want to get their phone working but some have an interest in maybe another phone, or tips on cleaning, etc.  Before you know it we'll have them hooked like we are!

Dan/Panther

I must fully agree.
Even from day one, I never felt I was being talked down to. A very pleasent experience, and very unique, to online forums.
Thanks everyone...
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

foots

Bwanna, there ain't a soul here that would patronize you - you're a pole climber for the phone company. That's automatic status   ;) .

I do agree with everyone here, this is a pleasant place to be. It's full of colorful characters from all over the place and from all walks of life. Also, there's no retarded arguments taking place here which is also a major plus. Heck, I can even overlook the fact that most here are Western Electric lovers  :o  :-X  .
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Greg G.

Yup.  The main reason I won't renew my membership in one of the major phone collecting orgs, I won't say which one because I don't want to start a bashing thread, but their forum (the official one, but the Yahoo group isn't any better) is horrible, I've learned much more here in a shorter time and had more fun doing so!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Ellen

OK, so since we are all so nice and agreeable, let's start talking about politics, sex, money and religion!

My answers are Green, yes, no and maybe.

No, no, let's talk about phones, dogs, ducks and desks.

Thanks to everyone; you have been helpful, funny, supportive, knowledgeable, and I am glad Hobie invited me back in.

bwanna

thx, joshua. climbing poles is way easier than learning all the differences in phone components. :o

it is a tribute to our group, that we welcome interests in all the different makes of phones.

ellen, the door is always open, no need for invitation :)

by the way, where has hobie been this weekend ???
donna

contraste

Another happy  member here in England.
This by far and away the most welcoming forum I've come across.

I don't post very often but I always enjoy reading the posts almost every day.

mienaichizu

Me too, a happy member from the other side of the globe! ;D

I've learned a lot from you guys! I've been a member for over a year in this forum although we haven't see each other in person, it feels that we are one big family

foots

If someone had told me back in the mid 1990s I'd be communicating with people from all over the US, Canada, Europe and the Philippines, I'd would've thought they were loony. I'm glad to be here amongst all of you. Like Ramil said, though most of us haven't met in person, it does feel like we are one big family.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Dan/Panther

Let's all meet at Dennis's house for a party and BBQ, as soon as Summer arrives, Say May ? He can give away a few phones as door prizes.
I like BBQ Hot Links, Chicken, and maybe a good Steak., a Fresh garden salad, all the popular dressings, Sans the radishes, Plenty of Potato salad, Macaroni salad, and BBQ beans, a selection of dips and chips, and Diet Coke. For desert, a selection of pies, a couple cakes, and 5 gallons of assorted flavors Ice cream, And throw in a watermelon.  Did I miss much ???
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson