News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wow 354 for how much?

Started by Gilas, July 09, 2012, 10:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilas

Seems a bit high even with the lifetime fix. http://www.ebay.com/itm/140791643046?

Sold for $565.55 !

Wasn't there an ivory one still in box that went for less?

LarryInMichigan

It must be the vinyl cord ;)  I paid about $20 for my black 354 with a #5 dial and a rubber coiled cord. 

Larry

AE_Collector

The seller is Barry "Phone-sweep". He's on the forum occasionally. He does real nice restorations and I'm happy to see him do well with a phone sale from time to time!

Terry

Gilas

I don't harbor ill will at all.  He just put it out there for sale.  Just amazes me at times what they go for.

jeremylivin

Wow! Someone must have really wanted it... or not known what it really was. 
Jeremy Livingston

AE_Collector

There are some people who aren't neccesarily phone collectors who have some discretionary funds available and see a phone that looks like new that is identical to the one they had in the kitchen when they were a kid and that's all it takes! Us as phone collectors prefer the hunt of finding LOTS of phones and enjoy restoring them ourselves and as long as there are buyers out there like this one, we can subsidise our hobby by selling some restored phones to help pay for even more phones. There are a LOT of people on this forum doing just that.

Terry

Babybearjs

Ive been trying to get my hands on another 354.... there seems to be a demand for them right now.... can't get one for less then $50.00 what up with that??? I used to be able to find them  for near nothing.... now everyone wants one!!!!!
John

AE_Collector

I have a couple of as is black 354's that are surplus to me from 1953 and 1954 but they are both NECo's rather than WECo's.

Terry

Babybearjs

Finally got my hands on 2 of them.... one for $30 and the ofther for about $16.00   finally, thought I'd never be able to catch some of these again!  John
John

Doug Rose

Its strange indeed. I have a really nice one on eBay for a BIN for $100 and not a sniff. Its marked 252 BW and came with a G1. I am also including a F1 in case the buyer wants the more traditional look....
Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290740680789
Kidphone