News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Leich with Magneto

Started by wds, January 18, 2012, 05:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I already had a nice Leich phone, but this auction offered this leich with one of the older handsets, so I bought just for the handset.  I swapped the handset, then cleaned up the phone and the ringer box it was connected to.  Gave the crank a turn and the ringer sounded off nice and loud. The phone has all the components for CB use, so I hooked the magneto to the phone line just for kicks.  I disconnected the ringer, then jumper-ed the L1 with the Batt +, L2 with the Batt -, hooked it up and the phone worked like a charm.  I followed the wiring diagram, and everything is wired to the phone to work on LB or CB.  All I need is a condenser on the ringer, to have it fully operational.  I did give the magneto a good crank while it was hooked up to the phone line, and all my phones rang.  Not sure of the dates for the phone and box, but they were a matched set.  I was going to sell the phone and ringer to cover the cost of the handset, but now I think I'll keep it all.  I have a nickel AE dial coming from a parts phone I bought, so I'll install that and put it on display somewhere.  Very cool.
Dave