News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm bored, so I'll show pictures... 'twocvbloke'

Started by twocvbloke, February 27, 2012, 12:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

What started out as a search for an outer bag for a Hoover Convertible/Senior (I was bored, funnily enough!!) turned into a complete rearrangement of my phones connected to the 616, especially since I picked up three ADSL filters from the sally army shop in Durham a couple of weeks ago, so now I have 11 phones working on the Panasonic (including the T7130E on 21), and ordered so that the sequential ringing rings phones in order of type... ;D

So it cycles as US (2x WE500s) - GPO (2x green 746s and the 706) - BT (2x Viscounts & CT6000C) - Canadian (2x NE2500s), so the ringers should sound the same, sort of... :D

Though it is pictured, the 1A2 ITT-Alcatel-Cortelco phone isn't connected, still, cos I've not got the stuff together to make it work as is... :-\

And yes, I know, the 616 wiring is a right mess, those ADSL adaptors haven't got RJ11 sockets on the Line side, I had to fit RJ11 plugs in place of the BT ones they used to have... :D

twocvbloke

Got my shelves in place, shame they're not just a smidge wider though, and I really underestimated how many wires there'd be between the shelf unit and the panasonic (which is about a foot & a half to the left of them)....  :o

I stuck the Cortelco up temporarily just to see what it (or another 2554) would look like on there, and the T-bracket to the right there is for a GPO 700 series phone which I've yet to decide what to put on it...  :D

I'm still fettling it though, so may change the layout several times... :D

southernphoneman

Quote from: twocvbloke on April 09, 2013, 02:20:32 PM
Got my shelves in place, shame they're not just a smidge wider though, and I really underestimated how many wires there'd be between the shelf unit and the panasonic (which is about a foot & a half to the left of them)....  :o

I stuck the Cortelco up temporarily just to see what it (or another 2554) would look like on there, and the T-bracket to the right there is for a GPO 700 series phone which I've yet to decide what to put on it...  :D

I'm still fettling it though, so may change the layout several times... :D
nice set bup and I like the red phones

twocvbloke

Thanks, I do like red phones, I'd have more only other people like red phones and will pay more than I can afford so I can't have them... :D

Anyway, I stuck the GPO 706 on the T-bracket, seeing as I had two conversion hooks for 706 phones, works perfectly well there too, though the slack handset cable looks a bit, well, slack... :D

And I took a picture of the 12v Bus Bulb I stuck up on the unit, cos I like messing about with 12v stuff and it just happens to illuminate my extension number sheet nicely... ;D

gpo706

A bus bulb?

Like from a bus?

Most buses I've had dealings with run off 2 x 12V batteries?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

twocvbloke

Quote from: gpo706 on April 09, 2013, 08:55:36 PM
A bus bulb?

Like from a bus?

Most buses I've had dealings with run off 2 x 12V batteries?

It's referred to as a bus bulb cos of the size and shape, you can get them in all kinds of voltages, including 50-odd volts for telephone exchange lighting... :D

They're usually used on boats, in caravans, motorhomes, buses (well, pre-fluorescent-lit ones at least) and other similar things that use 12 or 24v power, aswell as small inspection lamps and the like... :)

twocvbloke

Had a quick reshuffle, attached the Panasonic phone to the shelves as a wallphone, and threw my Oki printer onto the space I made... :)

And the mobile phone sat on the Oki is a Motorola Timeport (I forget the model) which is my "freefone" phone, cos the network it's on (GiffGaff) lets you call 0800 and most 0845 numbers for nothing, so I like to keep it to hand... :D

twocvbloke

Just thought I'd shove up a photo of most of the collection shelving before it's all taken down for moving house, it's a right old mess... :D

The only phones not pictured are the ITT-Alcatel-Cortelco 1A2 phone (though it's in it's box on the shelf below the printer), the red BT Viscount, the brown GPO 740 and the ITT-cased NE500 (which is missing parts that were beyond saving), cos there's not enough room for it all... :D