News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A1 on goodwill

Started by oldguy, June 07, 2018, 10:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

WE A1 (I think) on goodwill. I don't know what they are going for but I just thought I would share. $336 now

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/53540771
( dead link 06-19-21 )
Gary

Dan/Panther

Roughly 4 times what it's worth.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

oldguy

Thanks, not that my budget would let me buy anything that expensive but it seemed high to me.
Gary

rdelius

It is a  WE A1 so look like a good deal so far The handset and dial could be found out there

Dan/Panther

Never knew that model was worth that much.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jester

This is the same model as the subject of Auction Contest 332, which closed yesterday at $1225.  I've seen these listed as either A1 or AA1.
Stephen

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dan/Panther on June 08, 2018, 01:30:30 PM
Roughly 4 times what it's worth.

D/P

Thought you were trying to say "roughly four times that amount is what it is worth"!

$351 with 32 hours to go at this moment.

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jester on June 09, 2018, 01:05:06 PM
This is the same model as the subject of Auction Contest 332, which closed yesterday at $1225.  I've seen these listed as either A1 or AA1.
AA1 is an empty 302 that was used to connect to a magneto when removing a stick.  I have seen them in metal and thermo. They are stamped AA1 same way a 302 is stamped H1...Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Yes an AA1 is a 250.  They were meant to replace candle sticks and need a subset.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

oldguy

Gary

HarrySmith

There is an AA1 on eBay now. Complete with ringer box. The ringer is a strange one, no magnets on the magneto & one large gong inside the box?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173360833302 ( dead link 06-19-21 )
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

rdelius

The parts in the magnito subset are military surplus from an EE8 field telephone.The GN58(B?) magnito has a Alnico magnet on each side not missing

HarrySmith

OK. I have not seen that type of magneto before, I am used to WE magnetos with the big U shaped magnets. Thanks Robbie.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"