News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Red 302 $195 Just Missed it

Started by Doug Rose, October 07, 2018, 03:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

whoever beat me to this, I was in check out...I have a nice 5J fingerwheel for it....Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Western-Electric-Bell-Pekin-Red-Thermoplastic-302-Antique-Telephone-/302912342540
Kidphone

Pourme

Nice looking 302.....So close!

Don't look Peking Red, though.....Not orange enough.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Benny....looks brand new to me. Missed it by ......this much....I was it checkout, I thought I had it. Only on 4 minutes....Doug
Kidphone

Pourme

I've gone back to a listing and it was gone in just a few minutes but never lost one while in checkout...wow!

Agreed...The pictures look perfect....Feel bad for ya! I really do! Time for a cold one...CHEERS!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Doug Rose

Yes....Another cold one!   8)
Kidphone

oldguy

Gary

tubaman

I feel for you Doug - that's real bad luck. :'(
I didn't realise that eBay would let someone else buy once you are in the checkout process. That's bad!

FABphones

Quote from: tubaman on October 08, 2018, 03:37:39 AM
.... I didn't realise that eBay would let someone else buy once you are in the checkout process. That's bad!

Yup. First to push pay now gets it. I once had a seller tell me that they were cancelling a (not phone) purchase and refunding my payment as someone else had pressed the pay button milliseconds earlier. Not sure how true that was but certainly sounds possible.

I lost a phone a few weeks back too Doug, also during checkout. Also up for just minutes. I feel your pain.
:(

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Partyline4

There's a sneaky group of people that are checking eBay 24/7.....i try to keep up, but this is ridiculous...

Partyline4

Yeah I see that other red is sitting pretty still..... The reds usually top out around 250....blue goes for 1500...green is 250

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

It has a big chip out of the handset and a crack on the side where the receiver sits. It's kind of dull compared to contestant #1 in my humble opinion...Doug
Kidphone

Partyline4

I can't imagine this was listed by someone that didn't know what they had.... Probably a forum member that needed some quick money. Even the pictures are professional..... unless there were no recent reds that sold for Buku numbers for them to gauge????

One in THAT good of condition could have easily crowned 300 or more....

Partyline4

Another red just rolled onto the block...Thought it was the same one, but upon scrupulous examination of the photos, they are infact different phones.

$350 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132673977342

Doug's near miss is the top photo, the newest red beauty is below.