News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 694B Speaker

Started by pa_bell1960, October 17, 2010, 01:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pa_bell1960

Hello Everyone,  I have this 694b speaker with the on/off and volume controls and it has no line cord. Can anyone tell me how to wire it or show me to the correct BSP? I would love to wire it to a telephone but I do not know if that is possible. Can anyone tell me how this works?   Jim
Western Electric Telephones and Zenith Radios, These are a few of my favorite things!!!   Jim

Phonesrfun

Here is a link to the TCI document library.  Search for the word speakerphone and hopefully you will get a lot of information. 

I am not personally familiar with that particular speaker, so I don't know if it has a microphone built in or not.

TCI library:

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

-Bill G

pa_bell1960

The 694b does have the microphone built in. I couldn`t find anything on the website you linked me to, any more ideas?   Thanks, Jim
Western Electric Telephones and Zenith Radios, These are a few of my favorite things!!!   Jim

Adam

I believe the 694B is part of the Western Electric Home Interphone system, and unfortunately, is not much use without the rest of the system.

I don't own one, but I routinely snarf nice pics from eBay.  Here's one I saved of a 694B.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dave F

Jim,

The 694A and B Subscriber sets are used with the 2A Communication System.  694 contains a microphone, a speaker, and an amplifier, and could probably be adapted for all sorts of odd uses.  The BSP that covers the 694 is 502-201-100.  If you send me your address in a Personal Message (do not post it here), I will have my wife make a copy at work next week and will be happy to mail it to you.

Regards,

Dave F.

pa_bell1960

Thanks Dave, message and address sent.   Jim

Dave F

Jim,

Message received.  I'll get this BSP out to you sometime this week.

Dave

paul-f

Or you can download Issues 2 and 4 right now from the TCI Library.

Go to:
   http://www.telephonecollectors.info/

And search for 502-201-100 using the search box onthe left of the page.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line