and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello from Switzerland

Started by ma_xyz, March 04, 2018, 03:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ma_xyz

Hello

I just joined this interesting forum.
I live in Switzerland and am on/off (in summer mostly more off ...) collector of old phones and related stuff.
My collection interest consists of mostly Swiss Phones from the 50ties to the early 90ties. I also posses some Analog PBXes and a small ISDN PBX to operate the Phones on.

My latest addition is an Ericovox 150, which is more or less the reason I stumbled over this forum because I have some questions and could not find a lot of Information on this device until now. For that I will start a separate post.

Greetings from Zürich
Michael

PS: other ch people on this forum?

AE_Collector

Welcome Michael! We are glad that you found us.

We have a few regulars from Europe who will be here soon to say hello but I can't recall anyone from Switzerland at the moment. Most members here are from the USA but we have a good showing of Canadians (including me) and other regulars from many other countries. We all enjoy seeing and hearing about different aspects of phones from around the world so members from everywhere are very welcome here!

Terry

oldguy

Welcome Michael. Glad to have you aboard.
Gary

Welcome to CRPF Michael.

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

compubit

Welcome!

I'll be flying through Zurich next month. Hope we can help, and you can provide some insight into Swiss phones and the Swiss phone system.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

dsk

Welcome! As you see we are some other from Europe too.

dsk

Doug Rose

Welcome to the Forum. Great group of guys and gals who just care about telephones. Everybody is nice and helpful....Welcome....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Welcome! You have found the best forum on the net! Lots of people here with tons of knowledge & experience who love old phones & love to help. It appears you are already afflicted with Phoneitis. Everyone here has this incurable, progresive disease. The only treatment is more phones!

Welcome to the obsession!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

Welcome to the forum Michael.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jim Stettler

Welcome to the forum Michael.
My Grandfather  was from Switzerland . He was born outside of Bern. He became a US citizen around 1904.

Jim S.
Jim Stettler
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

ma_xyz

Thanks to all for the Welcomes!
I allready realized based on the discussion regarding my Ericovox questions that i've come to the right place :-)

Quote from: Jim S. on March 05, 2018, 07:01:08 PM
My Grandfather  was from Switzerland . He was born outside of Bern. He became a US citizen around 1904.
yes, your last names sounds very swiss :-) i live in zurich but travel a lot to bern for work purposes

Quote from: dsk on March 05, 2018, 01:52:01 AM
Welcome! As you see we are some other from Europe too.
from norway I see, I will spend this Summer around Narvik :-) (know some people there)

Quote from: compubit on March 04, 2018, 08:24:23 PM
I'll be flying through Zurich next month. Hope we can help, and you can provide some insight into Swiss phones and the Swiss phone system.
I live in Zürich, if you happen to stay and not just stop over and have some time let me know, happy to show you a good place for a couple of beers or so ...

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 05, 2018, 10:15:09 AM
It appears you are already afflicted with Phoneitis. Everyone here has this incurable, progresive disease. The only treatment is more phones!
yes, i'm lost allready :-)

AE_Collector

Do you fly Swiss Airline? If so, have you been on one of their new Bombardier Cseries regional jets? Swiss was the very first customer to take delivery of one in June 2016. The most recent one was delivered just on Friday or Saturday. Passengers seem to love them but Boeing in USA not so much. I follow them closely because I own quite a few shares in the Canadian Company Bombardier.

Terry

Haf

First, welcome to the forum Michael.

and especially for you Terry a picture from Berlin main station :)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

AE_Collector

That's cool Haf! Thanks.

Of course Bombardiers other huge business is railway public transportation around the world.

Haf lives in Berlin, another regular contributor here from Europe.

Terry