News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

#66 Blocks

Started by Babybearjs, March 08, 2019, 03:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK guys... I'm looking for some new 66B3-50 Punch down Blocks. are these available? what vendors are there that sell these new? I'm researching sources and pricing. I find plenty of used ones on ebay... but wanting to see new. who makes these now?
John

jiimhoff

I got this from amazon and it seems to be working pretty well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009KKE5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Key2871

Big blocks, or B, blocks are harder to find these days.
Your using the mini blocks, why not just stay with those?
If you want to mark them or designate some for a zone for your system you can get colored covers that snap on or colored strips that snap on to the edge of the blocks.
Or you can go to http://www.sandman.com and see if they have any B blocks left.
KEN

Babybearjs

I'm going to have to.... the "B" blocks are harder to find and I already have 6 of the M series... the main reason I asked is because sandman is the ONLY place I've seen the mounting standoffs for the B series blocks. I was thinking about going over to the small 6 X 12 blocks, but that's too expensive. I have one, I just wanted to expand on those to be able to see just how good those standoffs would work as apposed to the #86 mounts. (right?) anyway... I wanted to really know who makes these now a days. I see the M series all the time, but not the B series. I know Leviton has them... who else makes these today?
John

Key2871

Yea, the B blocks are a thing of the past. And if you use cat 5 on those blocks for Ethernet, don't. It slows your speed down unless you use the cat five blocks. They are expensive, and I would just go to keystones and quality patch cords. Skip the punch blocks. With keystones you also have to terminate correctly to keep your speed. Avoid long patches too.

Sandman has lots ofbthings you can't find everywhere, but they come at a price.
KEN

rdelius

I have many used 66B blocks some split and some 6 across.

Babybearjs

yeh, I tried to place an order through them this last month... they're system wouldn't accept the order... So, they lost a customer...
John

Key2871

Well if you're not a company, I don't think they will do anything for you. I had a small operation several years ago and ordered over the phone and didn't have any problems.
Perhaps you need a company name and call them and go from there.
KEN

Babybearjs

no, I just want to know who still makes them. I know Leviton makes the 66M1 block, but who still makes the B series blocks?
John

Key2871

It's been about ten years since I've been in the biz, but I don't know if anyone who is making B blocks anymore.
I just remember seeing listings for Mini blocks, standard and category five.
I have seen short blocks, or half blocks at sandman, but I don't recall seeing a listing for those in any leviton cats I had access to.

Edit: I called a buddy where I used to work, even siemon doesn't make 66B blocks anymore. So finding used is your only hope. And even eBay doesn't have any listings for them.
So I checked sandman enterprises, nothing. I may have one in my box in my shed, but I only have M blocks for the most part. Sounds like you have to decide if you want to try here for someone who has old used ones available, or your out of luck.
KEN

Doug Rose

66 blocks were replaced by 110 blocks and now everything is lan cables.
Kidphone

Key2871

Yes, Doug I remember that now. I had heard that sometime ago but forgot.
KEN

Babybearjs

I was paging through EBay and kept coming across a brand called "Siemon". So, I googled the name. it turns out that, yes the B Blocks are still made and this company is based in CT. they manufacture both copper and fiber optic cabling and racking systems. They carry both the M and the B series blocks. so, there's a source for you all... I can send you a PDF copy of their catalog. (or you can get a copy yourself) when I used to sell electrical retail, we never had the parts that they have now. it was all simple residential phone jacks and acc. now, with the internet being the big thing... there's wired and wireless. a custom home should have both... I don't like wireless, too much interference from different signals... I have problems with mine at times and I get mad when it won't connect... that's why I use all wired connections... it just works! well, that enough for me now... thank you all!
John

Key2871

Then my friend at lec was just feeding me a story... Either that or they don't carry siemon anymore and he didn't tell me.
I wonder if they are selling off older stock.
Sounds like you hit the Jack pot, John.
KEN

Babybearjs

well, at least they still make the B series... I was looking at Suttle, they don't even show any accessories... wonder what happened to them??
John