and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BIN lot of 302's for $40 including shipping

Started by zaphod01, March 16, 2018, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod01

"Things are never so bad they can't be made worse." - Humphrey Bogart

Dan/Panther

Seems like a decent deal. They appear in great shape.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

TelePlay

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

This is not directed at zaphod01 and I would like to thank zaphod01 for giving me the opportunity to once again stress the importance of attaching images in support of text including screen captures of eBay, ETSY or other such links.

==========================================

This topic was temporarily moved to a Global Moderator work area until time could be found to attach the eBay listing screen capture (showing price, seller handle, location it shipped from, shipping costs and date sold) for posterity. Being a very low sale price auctions, the bare naked eBay link in the first post would become invalid in less than a month, eBay does not keep low priced, ended listings available  for more than a few weeks, they are deleted in full.

The text of the first post is informative but without supporting images, meaningless once the link goes dead.

Attached are the images that will keep this topic alive on the forum forever. As this site has been declared an educational site according to Stan S. in one of his replies, where he stated quite clearly "Every posting on this forum is searchable in Google a few days after it's posted. Google gives priority to educational material. This forum is considered to be educational. We should attempt to be as technically correct and true to history as possible. What we write apparently lives on forever on the Internet.".

Again, it is important for all members to attach image or other information to support any text posted, regardless of how trivial the post may seem at the moment. The forum "Search" function looks for text. Members search for information they need that is not common knowledge but may have been posted by a member many years ago. Find the text in a search and then discovering the text is meaning less because supporting images were external links to eBay or a 3rd party image hosting site is more than frustrating, it does raise one blood pressure to know the hard to find information they needed was once there but out of laziness when creating the topic or reply, is at the time of the search found to be totally meaningless.

Bottom line to everyone, 1) create a Subject title that itself is complete and informative (not vague or misleading - eg: "Look what I found" or "Is it really over?" );  and 2) attach all images needed to support the text. If it's worth posting, it's worth taking the time to do it right for the long term good of the forum.

Pourme

~

$40.00 well spent IMO. If you consider parts only, dials, cords, handsets and potential subset uses. You don't know how great your bargain is until you inspect the dates of manufacture. We haven't even accounted for the hours of entertainment and enjoyment you will get out of it. They appear to be non metal cases, I could be wrong.

Be sure to follow up on the phones when you receive them. I really do enjoy my 302's. Good buy, I would have bought them also, had I seen them first!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Good catch! Nice buy! Even with shipping only $11.65 each. I would pay $12.00 for a 302, condition unknown any day!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 16, 2018, 09:03:17 PM
Good catch! Nice buy! Even with shipping only $11.65 each. I would pay $12.00 for a 302, condition unknown any day!

Good point, Harry. I recently paid $10 for a 302 in such a condition, I was ashamed to share with the forum!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

HarrySmith

Quote from: Pourme on March 16, 2018, 09:19:59 PM
Good point, Harry. I recently paid $10 for a 302 in such a condition, I was ashamed to share with the forum!

Benny

$10.00 for any 302 is a great buy, even if it's incomplete! Always parts that can be used or it can be a subset!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Haf

Seen this auction but again:

"THIS item sells and ships to the lower 48 United States ONLY!!! "

*sigh*

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

oldguy

I'm a sucker for cheap 302 too. The best deal I've found was $10, like Benny. Mine was at a yard sale & it worked.
Gary