News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let it Snow...Let it Snow....Let it Snow ( and other weather events )

Started by Doug Rose, February 09, 2013, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: HarrySmith on April 27, 2017, 08:30:52 PM
Looks like Spring is here in South Florida!
I was relieved when I realized that the top display wasn't a digital tachometer! ;D I must be getting tired... :o

Recently, it was getting into the lower eighties up here. Hopefully we have a warm Summer!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

TelePlay

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 27, 2017, 11:56:57 PM
I was relieved when I realized that the top display wasn't a digital tachometer! ;D I must be getting tired... :o

Recently, it was getting into the lower eighties up here. Hopefully we have a warm Summer!

Christian,

Being not far from you, yes, we had low 80s a few days ago for a day or two but yesterday was a great day to rake the lawn - 43 F.

Loco Local TV Weather doodleheads said it would be raining this morning, an it's not, so looked at the weather radar map. Harry, it may be hot where you are but to the north is a major cold front not only giving us 40 degree days but right now is covering eastern Colorado (the plains, not the mountains) and parts of New Mexico and Kansas with SNOW. From a day or two ago, parts of northern Wisconsin and Minnesota have 2-4 inches of snow on the ground.

Harry, your safe. Seems the jet stream is taking a severe dip all the way down into northern Mexico causing the snow on our nations wheat fields.

TelePlay

. . . and 4 hours later, where there was no snow cover this morning, they now have 8 to 16 inches of that heavy, wet spring white stuff on the ground in south eastern Colorado and adjacent areas of Kansas and New Mexico, the flat lower elevations of those states.

twocvbloke

dsk

;D The spring may come this year too, at least it is beautiful weather today +7deg C approx 45F

We have had so much rain here for the last week and there's still more to come.  :(
My neighbours yard has so much water that a duck decided to take a swim.  :)

twocvbloke

dsk

Ready for breakfast, but look...........

dsk

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

twocvbloke

No chance of snow here this week, it hit 16°C here today...  ;D

19and41

It's 87F here right now.  The only snow here is in pictures.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

TelePlay

Quote from: dsk on May 10, 2017, 12:41:10 AM
Ready for breakfast, but look..........

dsk,

Cool photos, in more ways than one.

You do have a great view from your cabin? I think you said. If it's your house, even better.

dsk

Even more snow today, and yes this is from our house, and from the bus-stop.
The picture posted after Easter was from our cabin in the southern part of Norway.
We live about 35 km north of Oslo, and today we got more snow than what we had at X-mas.  :-\ They call it global warming, or at least it is a side effect of that.

dsk

TelePlay

Quote from: dsk on May 11, 2017, 02:39:14 AM
Even more snow today, and yes this is from our house, and from the bus-stop.

I'm sure it stopped snowing at your house, I could be wrong but hope I'm not.

And, the end of winter can bring a very nice late afternoon brief shower followed by an "I need to go looking for that pot o' gold" feeling.